SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WITHDRAWN FS/FT 1965 Epiphone Olympic Special, PRICE DROPPED TO £795 ovno

What's Hot
eventheloserseventhelosers Frets: 100
edited January 2016 in Guitars £
Up for sale or trade is my 1965, Kalamazoo made, Epiphone Olympic Special. Its very similar to the Gibson Melody Makers of the same period in terms of the construction, layout and finish but has a less symmetrical shape, which being honest isn't the prettiest in my opinion, although it still looks pretty cool.

Its made from mahogany, weighs next to nowt and it sounds fantastic. Its got a bright, rich, resonant chime when you hit open and barre chords and really sings on lead breaks. Sound wise think Gibson SG Junior with a bit of Fender Telecaster thrown in. Its definitely at it's best in that clean/crunchy rhythm territory. If you like to work the volume control and you're into AC/DC, late 60s The Who etc... then this guitar will get you there. It doesn't do super high gain very well, as you'd probably expect, but I'm sure a Seymour Duncan Cool Rails or something similar would help you out there if needs be.

The neck is a chunky but comfortable handful and as far as I'm aware has the original frets, which are in surprisingly good nick to say they're 50 years in. Also, as far as I'm aware, the rest of the guitar is 100% original too. Obviously it has its fair share of dings and scratches but there's nothing structurally wrong with it, no breaks, repairs or warping of the neck. Absolutely no issues tuning or intonation wise either.

I'm selling because I need something with a bit more versatility i.e. at least one more pickup. This guitar essentially does one thing amazingly well, with a good amount of variation, all things considered, using the volume and tone controls, and if I was playing blues/rock every night or had enough cash to buy another guitar outright I'd probably keep it, however, unfortunately I'm not the combination of Angus Young and Rockefeller I always dreamed I would be...

If you want to buy it outright its £795 ovno. Payment by cash or bank transfer please, no Paypal here I'm afraid. Due to the age of the guitar I'm not going to courier it but it can be collected if you're in the West Yorkshire region or we can meet up somewhere half way.

Trades wise, I'm looking for a Squier JV Strat, preferably the 62 RI with the fat(ish) C shaped neck profile.

Offers via PM please.

Thanks for looking!

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TrotterTrotter Frets: 521
    So very cool! Glws :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Trotter said:
    So very cool! Glws :)
    Cheers!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • my my - i kinda love it.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Great guitars ive had the batwing model slightly older great if your a tele player
    awsome
  • Weekend bump. Comes with hard case, which I believe to be period correct and is in good condition. Feel free to haggle with me via pm.
  • Bump for a genuine 60s American made vintage guitar that won't break the bank. Offers welcome.
  • Bump. Trades, anyone? Interested in 70s/80s Tokais, Burnys, Grecos, Squiers and other good quality Japanese replicas. Also interested in Gibson SGs depending on the model.
  • Price drop bump £995 ono.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7448
    love the crazing on that finish
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Bump.
  • bump.
  • bump.
  • Final price drop bump.
  • Bump. Offers?
  • Keep looking at these though they vary alot in price which has always out me off searching one out. Have a Bump on me.

• Cheers for the bump. I've had this one valued by a couple of dealers at the leeds guitar show last weekend and they said the asking price on it was about right. I must admit, I wasn't sure myself. A shop down Denmark St would probably price it around £1100-£1200, but they'd have more chance of selling it at that. Up north I think you just have to see what you can get, hence the variation in price I guess. Its a genuine American made mid 60s guitar for under a grand. Not many of those about!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    Already been said, but fuckin' hell... that is one seriously cool guitar!!

Wish I could make you an offer, but I've just ordered a Yamaha.
    Bit strapped for cash now!
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
  • Price drop £895 firm.

Trades wise, now only looking at Squier JV Strats.
  • Monday morning bump.