NCarD

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 28043
I said goodbye to my lovely this morning.

First time that I've ever had a pure "toy" car, and probably the only time that I'll have one.  Cars are normally functional things, used to get me from A to B to C and back to A again in reasonable comfort and efficiency.

The TT was a bit of an extravagance, particularly given the spec (3.2V6, S-tronic, beautiful).  But it's gone now, *sniff*.

With the A6 hitting 10yo and 120k miles (though still rock solid reliable), I decided it was time to do a "2for1" with the car fleet and swap both Audis for a something else.

I spent a little while through the summer trying out various options (new Golf, some BMWs, Volvo V40/V60, Jag XF) and rejecting many more because of one reason or another.

Settled on a MB.

A couple of weeks ago, I thought I'd go for a real sensible choice.  C250CDi Saloon.  Not too exciting.  Smaller than the A6.  But pretty economical, comfortable enough, and with all the functions that I'd need.  Took a couple out for a test drive.  No issues.  So, it'll be one of them then.

Got out of one test drive and saw an E-class coupe on the forecourt.  Wouldn't hurt to sit in it.  Just briefly.  Just to see.  Not to buy one.

Much nicer.

And the E220CDi coupe wasn't really that much more expensive.  Not in the bigger scheme of things.  Not when you thought about it.  So, that's it then.  Settled.  E220CDi coupe.

Although the E250CDi has much better performance figures ... and you can't really do an upgrade after you've bought it ... makes sense to get "the right one" now, rather than always regretting getting the wrong one.

So I had a look around for an E250CDI coupe, and I found this, which became mine this morning ...

V6 turbo.  7-spd auto.  265bhp and 620nm.  It's effortless.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments