SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTT (or sell) My Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for your Fender Blues/ Pro Junior (or similar)

markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
edited August 2015 in Amps £

Hi all, this is probably a long shot, however I have a HRD that I'm looking to swap for something smaller as I'm not gigging at the moment, so this is a bit overkill for home use. I'm not looking to add any money into any trade, and I value the HRD at around £350 give or take.

I'm preferably looking for a Blues Junior or a Pro Junior, or failing that something similar which is Fender flavoured. Preferably a combo, however if there is a nice head on offer, I may be interested as I already have a cab I can use.

I'm based in North Wiltshire and would rather do a trade in person so we can both be happy with it (and I don't think I have suitable packaging to courier it anyway).

Let me know what you've got!

Ta!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've had a Hot Rod deluxe which I sold for the same reasons, and bought a Pro Junior. Much preferred the Hot Rod for home playing though and wished I still had the HRD! The Pro Junior doesn't go as quiet, which seems counterintuitive I know but it was just not as flexible for home playing. Just my two penneth
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • @thecolourbox hmmm, interesting, thanks for your input. I'll perhaps have to do a bit more investigation. If anyone else has thoughts, do let me know!
  • You're welcome. If the problem is size then yeah you will have to get the smaller options, but if it's volume you can get a much better variety of sounds and better quality of sound and feel from the HRD set quiet. If you have one of the versions with the touchy volume tapers on it then get one of those volume box things off ebay (about £30) and use that as a second master volume. Again, you'll actually gain more flexibility and indeed variety of the tone that way. I found having the amp volume up high and the volume box on pretty low gave the nicest sound for my playing.

Pro Juniors do sound good, just I found it totally impractical for home playing
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Still interested in a small, Fender flavoured amp.....would sell the HRD too if there's any interest
  • I'll put up some pics soon (if I can find some - it's at my sis in laws as we're moving) however, I'll sell it for £340 collected