SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

wtb Gibson ES-335 in Cherry

edited September 2015 in Guitars £

Hello, I didn't want to steal the other chaps thread so I thought I would start my own. I have finally sold my Firebird, and as such, I have the cash, and I am looking for a Cherry Red Gibson 335. It would have to be down the cheaper end of the market, so either the satin ones, or some of the plainer standard gloss ones. I dont mind about age. It would be great to see if anyone has one for sale, and I am based in Southampton.

Thanks, Cameron.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    At risk of ridicule as you've specified cherry- would you consider Iced Tea?

I've got a Satin/Gloss 2012 with vibramated B7 currently on it.

I'd sell it with or without the Bigsby of you are interested.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • I may sell mine, its a 2005 cherry red, dot. PM if you want to discuss price / pics etc.
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • edited August 2015
    Hi Steve, thanks for the message, I had been looking at cherry honestly, but I will have a google as well.
    Iamnobody;751832" said:
    At risk of ridicule as you've specified cherry- would you consider Iced Tea?

I've got a Satin/Gloss 2012 with vibramated B7 currently on it.

I'd sell it with or without the Bigsby of you are interested.
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 404

(not mine, but same guitar)

Any interest in an Edwards? MIJ with hard case, nitro sprayed over poly, I've switched out the original Seymours (terrible combo of pickups IMO) for a pair of Wolfetone Dr Vs. It's grand.
  • Hey man, im holding out for a gibson one really. They do look nice though, the one above looks similar the the satin finish that gibson do! bet yours sounds great. Thanks for the offer though.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6239
    If you are interested, I have a pretty rare mint-condition Orville (i.e. Jap made Gibson)  ES-335 in classic transparent gloss cherry fitted with a Bigsby B9 and Towner tension bar that I'm looking to move on (only because there's a Gibson Luther Dickinson that's waiting for me).
    It has an Oil City alnico 4 pick-up in the neck positions and includes a hard case. 

It's a lovely guitar and looks a bit like this except the gloss is deeper red.

It's a cheap way of getting a true ES335 but with Japanese level QC.
    PM me if you are interested
    :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    can second the orville by gibsons. have a tobacco burst version and its a good a 335 as anyone'd need.