SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Cherry Red DC Junior

What's Hot
IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
edited September 2015 in Guitars £ tFB Trader
Up for sale is my DC Junior build.

Total disclosure here:

This guitar is a prototype for a line of Junior style guitars I am in the process of developing with a luthier pal of mine. I bought this with the sole intention of replicating the Aniline Dye Cherry stain of the original 50's juniors and lacquer cracking processes.

The guitar itself was made by Graham Pollard of GSP Basses (who also builds guitars for a well respected forum member's company) and is of particularly hi-end quality.

To this end, all parts are top spec also. Many parts were imported from MojoAxe in the US at considerable cost.

It was finished by myself with aniline dyes and 100% nitrocellulose finish. The build thread can be found HERE.

Neck shape is a little slimmer than the classic '59, not a 60's slim though.

Spec is:

GSP Mahogany Body & Neck
Faber Compensated Wraparound Bridge - Aged
MojoAxe Vintage Spec 1/2 x 7/8" long Bushings - Aged
MojoAxe Vintage Spec Studs - Aged
MojoAxe Tortoise Shell Pickguard - Aged & Darkened
MojoAxe Pointer Washers - Aged
Genuine Gibson USA strapbuttons.
Kluson Tuners - Aged
Oil City Firewatch P90 pickup - Aged
Shugzloomz CTS Pots and reproduction Grey Tiger cap with Switchcraft jack.

The finish is Cherry aniline dye so WILL fade just like the original 50's juniors if left in sunlight for long periods of time. The nitro has lots of crazing, which I think is very authentic and has a few nicks and dings - call it a 'Played Closet Classic' if you will! There is a very slight amount of fade currently but I have decided to let the next owner decide how far he/she wishes to take it. The only thing left to do is fit a truss rod cover.

There is no logo on the guitar so the new owner can add their own if desired.

By the way, I used it at a show last night and it SCREAMS!! 

I'm looking for £650 which is nowhere near the sum of the parts, i'm just looking to fund more builds. 

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
(formerly miserneil)
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments