SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Cherry Red DC Junior

What's Hot

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    edited August 2015 tFB Trader
    Wow! Many thanks for all the kind words chaps, the reaction certainly bodes well and gives me confidence for the new project! 

This is still available....at the moment. Although I'm starting to have doubts as I haven't put it down since completing it and should I really move on #001??
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Your build thread inspired me to order a kit. If I'd known you were going to sell it, I might not have bothered..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8140
    Lovely.  Into trades?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guthrijguthrij Frets: 7
    PM sent.
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    edited September 2015
    miserneil said:
    Up for sale is my DC Junior build.

Total disclosure here:

This guitar is a prototype for a line of Junior style guitars I am in the process of developing with a luthier pal of mine. I bought this with the sole intention of replicating the Aniline Dye Cherry stain of the original 50's juniors and lacquer cracking processes.

The guitar itself was made by Graham Pollard of GSP Basses (who also builds guitars for a well respected forum member's company) and is of particularly hi-end quality.

To this end, all parts are top spec also. Many parts were imported from MojoAxe in the US at considerable cost.

It was finished by myself with aniline dyes and 100% nitrocellulose finish. The build thread can be found HERE.

Neck shape is a little slimmer than the classic '59, not a 60's slim though.

Spec is:

GSP Mahogany Body & Neck
    Faber Compensated Wraparound Bridge - Aged
    MojoAxe Vintage Spec 1/2 x 7/8" long Bushings - Aged
    MojoAxe Vintage Spec Studs - Aged
    MojoAxe Tortoise Shell Pickguard - Aged & Darkened
    MojoAxe Pointer Washers - Aged
    Genuine Gibson USA strapbuttons.
    Kluson Tuners - Aged
    Oil City Firewatch P90 pickup - Aged
    Shugzloomz CTS Pots and reproduction Grey Tiger cap with Switchcraft jack.

The finish is Cherry aniline dye so WILL fade just like the original 50's juniors if left in sunlight for long periods of time. The nitro has lots of crazing, which I think is very authentic and has a few nicks and dings - call it a 'Played Closet Classic' if you will! There is a very slight amount of fade currently but I have decided to let the next owner decide how far he/she wishes to take it. The only thing left to do is fit a truss rod cover.

There is no logo on the guitar so the new owner can add their own if desired.

By the way, I used it at a show last night and it SCREAMS!! 

I'm looking for £650 which is nowhere near the sum of the parts, i'm just looking to fund more builds. 

Gorgeous Build by GSPB ( Is this the guy who actually designs/builds Feline guitars?) 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23616
    edited September 2015
    Doug said:
    Gorgeous Build by GSPB/Grahame ( Is this the guy who actually designs/builds Feline guitars?) ;-)

Nope.

edited September 2015
    Philly_Q said:
    Doug said:
    Gorgeous Build by GSPB/Grahame ( Is this the guy who actually designs/builds Feline guitars?) ;-)

Nope.

Okay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2015
    To give the less abrupt answer, Feline Guitars are built by Jonathan Law.  Have a look round the forum and you'll find lots of his posts and pictures of his work.

edited September 2015
    The less abrupt answer?, 

Philly_Q said:
    To give the less abrupt answer, Feline Guitars are built by Jonathan Law.  Have a look round the forum and you'll find lots of his posts and pictures of his work.

Well it's less abrupt than when I said "Nope"
    Doug said:
    The less abrupt answer?, 

Philly_Q said:

Well it's less abrupt than when I said "Nope" isn't it?

Philly_Q said:
    Well it's less abrupt than when I said "Nope"
    Doug said:
    The less abrupt answer?, 

Philly_Q said:

Well it's less abrupt than when I said "Nope" isn't it?

It is poppet, no prob, innit, ;-)
    Poppet yourself.

tFB Trader
    @Doug I'm afraid @Philly_Q is mistaken as GSP builds some, if not all the Feline guitars which Jonathan then takes and works his magic on.
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    OK, I apologise for the misunderstanding.  I'd better quit this thread before I dig myself a bigger hole.

edited September 2015

edited September 2015

edited September 2015

edited September 2015
    miserneil said:
    @Doug I'm afraid @Philly_Q is mistaken as GSP builds some, if not all the Feline guitars which Jonathan then takes and works his magic on.
    Graham Pollard does indeed build exceptional Quality Guitars and Feline Guitars produce a Sublime finished Instrument!
    B-)
    edited September 2015
    miserneil said:
    Up for sale is my DC Junior build.

Total disclosure here:

This guitar is a prototype for a line of Junior style guitars I am in the process of developing with a luthier pal of mine. I bought this with the sole intention of replicating the Aniline Dye Cherry stain of the original 50's juniors and lacquer cracking processes.

The guitar itself was made by Graham Pollard of GSP Basses (who also builds guitars for a well respected forum member's company) and is of particularly hi-end quality.

To this end, all parts are top spec also. Many parts were imported from MojoAxe in the US at considerable cost.

It was finished by myself with aniline dyes and 100% nitrocellulose finish. The build thread can be found HERE.

Neck shape is a little slimmer than the classic '59, not a 60's slim though.

Spec is:

GSP Mahogany Body & Neck
    Faber Compensated Wraparound Bridge - Aged
    MojoAxe Vintage Spec 1/2 x 7/8" long Bushings - Aged
    MojoAxe Vintage Spec Studs - Aged
    MojoAxe Tortoise Shell Pickguard - Aged & Darkened
    MojoAxe Pointer Washers - Aged
    Genuine Gibson USA strapbuttons.
    Kluson Tuners - Aged
    Oil City Firewatch P90 pickup - Aged
    Shugzloomz CTS Pots and reproduction Grey Tiger cap with Switchcraft jack.

The finish is Cherry aniline dye so WILL fade just like the original 50's juniors if left in sunlight for long periods of time. The nitro has lots of crazing, which I think is very authentic and has a few nicks and dings - call it a 'Played Closet Classic' if you will! There is a very slight amount of fade currently but I have decided to let the next owner decide how far he/she wishes to take it. The only thing left to do is fit a truss rod cover.

There is no logo on the guitar so the new owner can add their own if desired.

By the way, I used it at a show last night and it SCREAMS!! 

I'm looking for £650 which is nowhere near the sum of the parts, i'm just looking to fund more builds. 

Stunning result fella! 

tFB Trader
    Thanks @Doug and also many thanks to everyone else who has left comments or PM'd regarding this guitar, it is much appreciated.

Stay tuned for news regarding future builds, got a couple of vintage accurate, top spec beauties in the pipeline, interested parties, feel free to PM me.

(formerly miserneil)