Value of Gibson flying V case, anyone please?

NeilNeil Frets: 3627
I have an original Gibson Flying V case, not sure of year, recent I would guess (any ideas?)  and have no idea as to its value.

Looked on ebay completed listings and they all seem to be silly prices and in the USA.

It is marked as TKL, USA made.

On the outside, in VGC with all the latches working, handle excellent and even combo lock intact.

Unfortunately it is on the inside where it falls down a bit with it being a bit mouldy in the headstock area and remnants of rusty strings on the inside of the top (please see pics)

I'd like to sell it in the classifieds and I'm sure it could be cleaned up by an interested purchaser (not interested in doing it myself) but my query is how much do you think I should ask for it, as is?

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited August 2015
    Put in 15 minutes of elbow grease and clean it yourself and it will be worth it I'm sure.

Get some foam carpet cleaner - about £3 a tin spray on, wait, scrub should improve your sale price.

Sorry can't help on actual value though!
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Whereabouts are you Neil? I'll need a case for my V kit when it is finally built, but no idea if it would fit in a real case.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3627
    PVO_Dave said:
    Whereabouts are you Neil? I'll need a case for my V kit when it is finally built, but no idea if it would fit in a real case.
    Pm'ed.