SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2004 Gibson Custom 57 reissue VOS R7

What's Hot
photekphotek Frets: 1507
edited September 2015 in Guitars £

Purchased from Coda a couple of years back, it is in very good condition, couple of pin marks on the top and a tiny bit of worming (is it called that) on the back but not through the lacquer and not buckle rash. Hardware has aged beautifully and there is no fret wear to speak of.

Weighs: 9.1lbs

Includes original hardcase and certificate. I know everyone says this but I spent close to a year findng one that met my requirements which were:

Not too heavy - I wanted under 9.5 lbs
Acoustically bright sounding - Some of them have quite a dark, honky sound
Big neck - Some of them are closer to 60's, this one is nice and big.
Light back - Never keen on the Dark back for some reason.

Anyway. I am probably not gonna sell it on here as there have been some serious bargains lately but hey if you are looking for a good one come and try it.

Based in Huntingdon, Cambs.

£1800

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/D31AD263-90FF-4552-9F18-C5BBF95F3AE2_zps6vahncre.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/11739154-8E3C-4B49-A507-E51BB48C741D_zpsv9vhqkm5.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/07891A05-D68D-4E7F-83D8-AF2CF36FCDCB_zpsrxfxuko4.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/1262F32C-202B-456F-9E8A-ECAB44052980_zpskdvemuy6.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/73F92CBC-7D4D-41B1-8C28-83267B06430A_zps94wix1gh.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Would you be interested in my jaguar I have for sale?
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Cracking looking guitar fella, sure it sounds pretty special as well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7339
    Good price for an R7.

Nice looking guitar fella!
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 521
    I know this guitar very well indeed and have to say that I don't believe you will find better for the money.

Would make a nice partner to my darkback actually..hmm... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • This really is an absolute treat, I'll be as sad as @photek to see this go! :(
  • photekphotek Frets: 1507
    stevie_the_spy;756120" said:
    Would you be interested in my jaguar I have for sale?
    Sorry chap. Not looking for trades unless is is a low value item maximum £500. Cheers though.
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4960
    edited August 2015
    I've always had a soft spot for goldtop LP's & that one looks a beauty! - wish I had the money to make you a serious offer but sadly right now I'm 'between jobs'. 

Just noticed that you've wrapped the strings over the stoptail - I've never really understand why some players prefer to string that way - doesn't it mark the stoptail so if anyone strung it normally they'd see 'scuff marks'?  (just looked it up - ala Bonamassa, some players feel they get extra sustain & strings feel 'slinkier' - but its the damage that would worry me, especially on a gorgeous R7 like yours)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    edited August 2015
    Voxman said:
    I've always had a soft spot for goldtop LP's & that one looks a beauty! - wish I had the money to make you a serious offer but sadly right now I'm 'between jobs'. 

Just noticed that you've wrapped the strings over the stoptail - I've never really understand why some players prefer to string that way - doesn't it mark the stoptail so if anyone strung it normally they'd see 'scuff marks'?  

Thanks chaps. It is a genuinely good guitar and will be missed without a doubt.

The wrap around thing does make the stoptail age differently as it ages more in the gaps between the string. It doesn't really mark it but I guess over time it would. Replacement ones are not expensive and the benefit for me at least is it reduces the tension of the strings to exactly where I like them. Other say it makes no difference but what do they know ;)

Some interesting PX ideas but nothing solid yet. I will accept something up to the value of £500 as PX by the way.

Just strung the R7 with fresh strings and damn it is a good one. Lively, punchy, proper adjustable on the volumes. Sounds cracking.

• Dirty Shirley?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7339
    Dirty Shirley?
    Pervert

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    rockmonster;760422" said:
    Dirty Shirley?
    Let me take a look. Do they take a boost in the loop well?

• Yep
    Bump.
    SOLD