SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Loads Of My Gear Gibson Vibrola, MIJ Strat, 70's Amp Head ALL MUST GO!

What's Hot
RoxRox Frets: 2147
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
Due to some really bad news, I need to pare down all my gear and equipment.  I'll be  going down to the bare minimum.  :(  (So far, my 'bare minimum' is 2 electrics a bass and an acoustic... if pushed, 1 electric and 1 acoustic..)

I'm creating this thread to keep everything together, even stuff I've already listed on here.  But rather than clutter up the classifieds with tons of threads, I thought I'd condense everything into one thread.  Hopefully that's okay.

So, on the block:

Epiphone EJ200 Vintage Sunburst

There's a thread in the Making and Modding about this one, and the work I've put into it so far.  I won't have the time to finish it before the clearout.  £60 - I'd bought some Grovers, so seems fair price for a pretty thing.

Link:  Making and Modding Thread

Epiphone TV Pelham Blue SG Custom - SOLD with an Epiphone Vibrola.  I have an original 60's Vibrola, and the thickness and 'springyness' of the Vibrola is very much on a par.

It's got a lovely dark fretboard.  The only thing is that there are a couple of dints in the pickup covers, which were there when I bought it.  Pickups sound great and are coil tapped for lots of different sounds.  £215

Link:  Epiphone SG TV Pelham Blue w/Vibrola

Gretsch Electromatic Double Jet G5248T Double Cut Gold Top - SOLD

It's a beauty.  Lovely sound, and has a chambered body with a centre block.  It's got a really unique sound; light and chimey, with some lovely sounds further up the neck.  £225

Link:  Gretsch Electromatic Double Jet

Fenix Telecaster E Series - SOLD

Every now and then I feel like I should really try a Tele.  Everyone raves about them... but I just can't get on with them.  This is my third or fourth attempt, so that's that I reckon.  £135

Link: Fenix Telecaster E Series

Original 1965 Gibson Lyre Vibrola SOLD

£190 for an original seems a bargainous deal to me... £110 cheaper than a repro!  SOLD.

Burny VH1 Pickups
£50 plus p&p

Link:  Burny VHI Pickups

Premium Pedals.  Honest they are.

Link:  Premium Pedals.  Honest.

Shure Wireless Lavalier / Mic
£75

Link:  Shure Wireless Microphone / Lavalier

Peavey Delta Blues 2x10 Amp - SOLD

Link:  Peavey Delta Blues Amp

My Fender Custardcaster

Mid eighties Japanese neck, mexican blonde body, steel block, japanese scratchplate and pickups, Fender Stamped saddles.  Awesome.  Might... might keep.  Back for sale, £300

CMI Stratocaster. 

Dating from the mid seventies, this has a real bluesy sound.  Large headstock, 3 way switch...  It really is a brilliant guitar.  Plays great.  The only weakspots...  the input jack needs replacing and the tuners could do with better ones.  The originals aren't that good.

I had one of these a few years ago, sold it and immediately regretted it.  Hence buying this one.  But I don't have the luxury of keeping it AND the Custardcaster.  It's a difficult choice because they are both brilliant, but because I built the Custardcaster from bits myself, it has more sentimental value.  £190

That's all for now off the top of my head, but there will be more.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Wow, big clearout. Hope you're OK mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16669
    Deijavoo said:
    Wow, big clearout. Hope you're OK mate.
    +1  :)>-
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • LewliganLewligan Frets: 544
    Shit mate, sorry to hear that you've received bad news :(

Hope you're alright!

Some lovely gear on this thread - hopefully you can get a few swift sales.
    Might be worth sticking some prices on the original post too... just saves all the "how much?" questions.
    Check out my Fretboard Trading Feedback HERE!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11684
    Whereabouts in this fair isle are you?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7349
    Hope you are okay fella.

Some nice kit, so you should be able to movie on fairly fast.
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    firstly ... sory to hear that circumstances arent great... i feel awful looking at threads like this. hope u get a few sales... even the legendary cutardcaster?
    atb. gu
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3848
    Sad to hear anybody get bad news.

GLWTS and everything else mate.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
    Hope everything is okay.

Do you have any more details on the multifx?
  • Hi Mate,
    Not really looking for stuff at mo but just wanted to send my regards and hope everything works out ok.
    Good luck with the gear.
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Thanks for the kind thoughts.  :)  As with any tough times, you just have to keep going...! 

@olafgarten - I'll check out the model number, just can't remember off the top of my head...

@stuagu - I don't want the Custardcaster to go I love it... I believe I bought the neck that's on it from you, in fact...  :)

@scrumhalf - Northants

Thanks again guys.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Hope things work out, I really do!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1492
    @Rox - might be interested in the CMI pending details and a price.  Sorry to hear of your bad circumstances.
    @olafgartenThe Zoom is a Studio 1204

@Dodge - what would you like to know?  Obviously open to offers, but let's start at £200 as a kick off point.  Much cheaper than ebay ones.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
    Rox said:

@Dodge - what would you like to know?  Obviously open to offers, but let's start at £200 as a kick off point.  Much cheaper than ebay ones.
    That's older than me! I think I'll buy something a bit more modern, thanks anyway.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 692
    Sorry to hear that you need to pare down your gear, hope it all works out for you
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Rox said:

That's older than me! I think I'll buy something a bit more modern, thanks anyway.

I knocked back an original 1959 Les Paul last week for £1000. Same reason.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Olaf - I did already say it was mid-90's in the original description...
    Deijavoo said:
    Rox said:

I knocked back an original 1959 Les Paul last week for £1000. Same reason.
    :D

I had already put that it was mid-90's on the wording, so no idea what the surprise was!  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    hi bud... i thought the neck i sold u was all maple? cracking neck that was.
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited August 2015
    stuagu said:
    You sold him a neck that was cracking..?? you bloody wrong 'un... b-( 

Hope the sales go well Rox, very tough being on the ropes. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

stuagu said:
    I could be wrong, but I was sure you sold me this rosewood one!  :D