SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Vox Virage DC in sunburst

TrudeTrude Frets: 916
A long shot, as there aren't many of these about....

I love my Virage DC, but it's a cherry one, and I'd rather have a burst.  Thinking of a refin, but I'd rather buy or trade for a sunburst if there's one out there!
Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricEric Frets: 0
    Trude:

I'm not sure I'd be interested in a trade although it was originally a red one I was looking for.  I would definitely have done it last week but just sold my second sunburst one.  Just in case you don't have a lot of information on the Virage, your's is probably a mahogany body and top if I remember right.  For sure, it sounds quite a bit different acoustically than the sunburst one which is, I believe, Ash.  Not better or worse -- every one I've owned has been a killer guitar in its own right and left me wanting for nothing -- just different.

If you find a sunburst one and need to sell yours please don't hesitate to reach out.  I might be interested.

Eric

• TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    Gah, sod's law eh?  I wish I'd posted this earlier!

Yeah, mine looks like mahogany.  That's another reason why I want to avoid a refin, as I don't think sunburst finishes look as good on mahogany as they do on ash, maple etc.

Did you sell your bursts on this forum or somewhere else?  Maybe you could put me in touch with your buyers just in case they reach the end of the honeymoon period and get the itch for something different.  Just a thought.

In any case, I'll let you know if my red one becomes available.  It really is a great all-rounder.  Looks better than the Gibson 339 shape as well IMO.  Even better, I've found that a Bigsby B3 fits and works great without any extra holes, and without having to tinker with the bridge!

Cheers
    Trude

Trading feedback here
  • EricEric Frets: 0

I sold it though a classified add rather than in one of the forums.  They are such nice guitars that when you get someone to come and sit with it and just leave them alone to enjoy, they sell.  I've sold two of them that way and, each time, to the first player that came to look.  The first one I had was fretted with really wide jumbo frets which I thought I'd hate but grew to really like.  It had a couple of small dings in the back of the neck where you could feel them and an opportunity to buy a pristine one came up so I thought I'd post the first one to see if I could sell it.  It sold in about two days and before the other one arrived.  The next one has jumbo frets but not quite as jumbo as the first one.  It was an earlier serial number.  Another one popped up in pristine condition again with a serial number a little closer to the first one so I took a shot at it.  Another excellent guitar but the same frets as the second one.  I thought I'd keep it and set it up a little differently but the Virage really got me liking the solid wood arch top tone and quite by accident I ended up with an old absolute bottom end small bodied Artcore laminated Arch top.  I'm hooked, but not as a first guitar because of the limited range on the neck.    I sold one of the Virage's to help pay for an Eastman with solid carved back and sides spruce/mahogany but if I'd seen your mahogany Virage one with a chance to trade I'd have been sorely tempted.

A Bigsby !!!  I was thinking mahogany/ebony compensated bridge and flat wounds  ;)

Seriously though,  very cool.   I guess you can find a TOM bridge that will sit on the posts where the Max Connect sits or is there actually enough clearance to keep using it?

I did contact the chap I sold the Virage to because I had a great opportunity on an arch top if I had a Virage as a trade but didn't want to give up this one.  He's hooked like I am and definitely not interested in parting with it.

Cheers!

• TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    Thanks for the info Eric - very cool stuff.

The Bigsby actually works with the original bridge still in place.  The strings just pass through the bridge to the Bigsby and the angles seem to work fine.  No pinging or noticeable friction - works very well!

I wonder if your buyer would be interested in a change of colour?  Maybe worth an ask  :)

Trading feedback here