SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Hughes & Kettner Puretone

What's Hot
More of a feeler as I'm just interested to see if there are any of these on here and how much someone would part with theirs for, ideally the head. While I'm here...anyone have good/bad experiences with one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17685
    tFB Trader
    I've got one and it's brilliant. (not parting with it mind)

You won't find a better pedal platform.

What do you want to use it for?
  • For running all my pedals through! To play clean/ambient passages and as part of a dual amp setup. Then with a third amp mainly for heavier/overdrive tones.
    tFB Trader
    For running all my pedals through! To play clean/ambient passages and as part of a dual amp setup. Then with a third amp mainly for heavier/overdrive tones.
    It will be perfect for that.

A lot of people think they are going to use them for power amp distortion without realising how brutally loud they are.
  • Not to potentially do anyone here on the forum out of a sale, but GuitarGuitar have a pretty good deal on these at the moment.

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_amps_detail.asp?stock=13051611483432

Tried one at the shop in Edinburgh. It nearly tore my face off! Be aware, it's LOUD! 
    ;)
    tFB Trader
    Bionic said:
    Not to potentially do anyone here on the forum out of a sale, but GuitarGuitar have a pretty good deal on these at the moment.

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_amps_detail.asp?stock=13051611483432

Tried one at the shop in Edinburgh. It nearly tore my face off! Be aware, it's LOUD! 
    ;)
    That's a massive bargain. £600-700 is about the going price for a head SH
  • I saw this, I'm thinking about doing it on 12mth but just wondered if anyone here might have one first at s/h prices.
    tFB Trader
    I'd buy that one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd probably go for a Duotone head over that and leave the other two amps in the house. The Tommy Thayer head is available now, silly cheap.
    Either way you won't go wrong. They are amazing!