Expense sooner than I had planned

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5037
edited November 2013 in Off Topic
My electric golf trolley needs a new battery.  Electric golf trolleys are in some ways similar to inkjet printers.  You can buy an inkjet printer for buttons these days - the profit is in the replacement cartridges.  Same with golf trolleys [which are relatively cheap], the profit is in the replacement batteries too.  A typical lead acid golf trolley battery will last for less than a year if you play two rounds golf each week.  Around €100 is the cost of a replacement battery.  The newer Lithium battery is guaranteed for five years but it costs about €300, and a new charger is needed for the Lithium battery.

I had planned to buy a Lithium battery in the new year.  However today my golf trolley battery died after four holes!  Just about the furthest point from the clubhouse.  The effort of pushing the trolley nearly finished me off.  So my choices are: bite the bullet and buy the Lithium battery and charger or use my lightweight shoulder slung holiday golf bag and carry a half dozen clubs [driver, 7 wood, 8, 9 and pitching wedge and my putter] until early in 2014.

Maybe the answer is the latter as I played my best ever round [in a special club competition] using only four clubs.  It was the then captains idea to limit the clubs to a maximum of four for the round, one of which had to be a putter.  Really made us think of where we wanted the ball to end up, rather than blazing away with a driver then 5 iron etc. etc.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments