SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Matchless Superchief 120 Head *SOLD*

jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2474
edited October 2015 in Amps £
I only just got this but a great Les Paul has turned up which I need to fund and as I already have a small collection of Matchless amps this is the only one I've not had time to become attached to! Despite my NAD thread where I feared for my hearing given the amp's 120 watts it's actually not silly loud. Not compared to my Clubman 35 which is only marginally quieter. 

It has an absolutely beautiful sound though, imagine a chimey 3D plexi with headroom to spare. Uploaded with Imgupr It's extremely rare, I believe only 60 or so were ever made. 

- 120 watts - Four EL34 power tubes - Three 12AX7 preamp tubes - Two 5AU4 rectifier tubes - Hi/Lo power switch (tube or solid state rectifier switch) - Gain switch - Point to point wired. 

I'm going to let this go for £1500 or uber close offers. No trades thanks as I need the cash for the LP. Ta! Uploaded with ImguprUploaded with ImguprUploaded with ImguprUploaded with Imgupr
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2474
    edited September 2015
    PS it's cosmetically in great shape but has a small repaired tear to the tolex on the front right and three screw holes on either end where the previous owner felt the need to bolt it to his cab! Uploaded with ImguprUploaded with Imgupr
  • £1200 collected? Been fully revalved and is ready to rock. Lovely amp.
  • I'm very tempted, but as I'm in Ireland I can't collect it- is shipping/courier a possibility?
    Ross
  • rosski;774009" said:
    I'm very tempted, but as I'm in Ireland I can't collect it- is shipping/courier a possibility?
    Ross
    yes no probs Ross, send me a PM with your address etc and I'll get a quote.