SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - 1989 Gibson Les Paul Custom

What's Hot
Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
edited October 2015 in Guitars £
Hi all,

I am tentatively putting up for sale my Les Paul Custom.  I have had this for over 10 years, I have never gigged it so it's had an easy life whilst with me, prior to that it's definitely been gigged by the looks!  Definitely a players guitar rather than a museum piece, plays like a dream though.  I acquired from Academy of Sound in Manchester, it was owned by someone who worked there. 

It's all in good working order, with superb low action, a beautiful ebony board.  It's certainly got dings and bumps here and there, plus corrosion on the bridge, but still does it's job fine.  Worth mentioning that although all the latches on the case work, the combination lock does not.

I'm putting it up for what I have been offered in the past for it, £1700.  I am possibly open to trades, but I would be wanting at least £1000 in my direction, as the only reason why this is up is because I have recently acquired a vintage Jaguar and SG, and one has to go....unless I decide bread and water is fine for the next 12 months.

I am based in and around Manchester/Lancashire area.  Photos:

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10441
    Beautiful guitar.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice!
  • Cheers, it's going to be a very difficult one to part with. Doesn't get played as much as it should.
  • cool as f*ck

• BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Lovely, really has the RR vibe ... How much does she weigh and any prior neck damage?
  • No neck damage, it's solid. I don't have scales to hand unfortunately, if it's a deal breaker I could possibly source some to be more specific. All I can say is that it's heavy, very heavy.
  • I've borrowed some bathroom scales, it's not been the easiest of methods and I'm suspicious of its accuracy. But for a guide for those who were wondering, it certainly looks in and around the 11 pound mark, possibly even edging toward 11.5.

As mentioned previously, it is heavy, not for the faint-hearted in this respect.
  • Bump
  • bump
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • My word that's lovely... in a JDB or RR way.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Spot on! JDB was the original inspiration way back.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    There is a slight chance that this may have been my old guitar. I px'd mine of that year for a Parker Fly in the AOS in Norwich....hmm!
  • Really? Interesting. The bloke in the shop claimed it was his and needed money for a car. It was between this and a brand new Les Paul Standard, which were going for about 1200 quid new back then!
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Sounds about the right amount. I paid £650 for it from Adtrader in about '98
  • They sold it me as an 1981...because the serial started with 81. It's expertise like that I still miss since that place closed!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • Do you know what pickups are in it ?
  • I believe they are the Bill Lawrence circuit board pickups in this one.

Cheers