Mcalmont and Butler

What's Hot
One of the best songs ever and a stunning album to boot.

Can't wait to see them live in Manchester this November.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richhrichh Frets: 453
    Excellent, enjoyed that!

I always liked that, but I don't think I ever heard anything else they did.  Any recommendations?
  • I absolutely love this album and this song is quite important to me on a personal level.  I remember seeing David McAlmont on a couple of programs coming across as a real twat which might have put me off, but THAT voice.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Excellent. Saw them live when the first album came out, lots of Bigsby abuse from Butler and what a voice. Didn't realise they were working together again.
  • richh;776784" said:
    Excellent, enjoyed that!

I always liked that, but I don't think I ever heard anything else they did.  Any recommendations?
    Check out the whole of The sound of Mcalmont and Butler album. Brilliant from start to finish. What's the excuse this time is another highlight for me.
  • Falling is a good tune.  
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Haven't heard that song in years! Great stuff.
  • TSOMAB is simply brilliant. How string sections should be used. Very much looking forward to seeing them later in the year. 

• I much prefer tsomab to Bring it Back's Mowtown thing (although I still like it). I'm a bit gushy about Bernard in general though. +1 for What's the excuse this time? as an underrated one. It's hard to believe Yes was 20 years ago :(
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Absolutely fucking brilliant in Bristol tonight. The O2 Academy is a shithole venue but the band, singers, and strings were superb. 
    I absolutely love this album and this song is quite important to me on a personal level.  I remember seeing David McAlmont on a couple of programs coming across as a real twat which might have put me off, but THAT voice.
    He sang superbly and was out signing things and taking pictures with people as they left. Definitely no twattery tonight. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom