RIP (Damned bassist) Bryn Merrick

What's Hot
DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
edited September 2015 in Music
Poor old Bryn. Cancer finally took him this morning. Very sad news.
this has been shared by his friend Andy Johnson via FB: "On behalf of his daughter, Ella and sons, Richard & Christian, it is with so much sadness that I announce that my best friend, Bryn Merrick, passed away, peacefully, this morning, after a long battle with cancer, at Llandough hospital near Cardiff. He was loved and adored by everyone who met him. He was a true rebel and lived life in the fast lane. If you made friends with him, it was for life. He hadn't a bad bone in his body. Everyone who knew him knew of his crazy characte...r and there will be plenty of stories to tell in the coming weeks and months. But, when all is said and done he was just a 'great bloke!' He adored his daughter, Ella whom he kept in touch with despite the thousands of miles between them and I know Ella truly thought of him as her hero, which he was! He recently spent time with Richard, his son which will have given him great comfort and peace. As for me, there will be a massive hole in my life. I've known Bryn since I was 10 years old and we've laughed, argued, fought, got drunk, got stoned, made music and done many crazy things together but always remained true friends. So, on behalf of Ella, Richard & Christian and all those close to Bryn I would like to say Goodnight, God bless to a true gentleman Rest in peace mucker! Xxxxxxx"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul Gray posted this earlier today, was really sad to hear the news. 

RIP fella.
  • vizviz Frets: 10722
    edited September 2015
    Ah what a pity. Rest in peace. :(
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    stonevibe said:
    Paul Gray posted this earlier today, was really sad to hear the news. 

RIP fella.

Paul and Bryn were on the same cancer ward at one stage. Both were superb Damned members, I have dear memories of both. Never saw Paul unfortunately but first saw Bryn in '86 at Newcastle. Damned night tonight in the Dead household.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3927
    viz said:

First Damned member to die, viz. I'll bet there'll be some faces at his funeral.
  • What a shame, feel for his family. RIP.

The Damned are Headline the Loopallu festival up here very soon, we will all give a shout out as will the band themselves I am sure.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8004
    edited September 2015
    I'm a massive Damned fan. Seen them 60+ times. Got tickets for next Friday.
    Very very sad news....
  • vizviz Frets: 10722
    Deadman said:
    viz said:

First Damned member to die, viz. I'll bet there'll be some faces at his funeral.

They've done well, but still, how young he was :( - I also saw them in 86, in Oxford. Great tour that was.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.