Auditions for new Star Wars lead roles !!

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709

Now's your chance !!!

Who wants to be a Hollywood star ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24828750

They're looking for "a "street smart and strong" orphaned girl in her late teens and a "smart capable" man in his late teens or early 20s.".  They are holding auditions in London, Dublin & Glasgow.  So, they've obviously got a problem with a Welsh Darth Vader....  "Look 'ew...Ew are a traitor and a part of the Rebel Alliance, mun".

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Shame they're not after an immature man in his late 20s with crippling social anxiety.
    My V key is broken
  • I still find it humourous that Dave Prowse thought they would use his voice as Darth Vader... "Ooh arr, the force be straang in this'un"...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• I still find it humourous that Dave Prowse thought they would use his voice as Darth Vader... "Ooh arr, the force be straang in this'un"...
    Another signature with an annoyingly long and irrelevant gear list. We need a "block signatures" function
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Bore off Phil, the gear list in his sig takes up less space than the whitespace above the quote in your post.

Are you gonna moan anytime someone does some formatting a bit incorrectly?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355

I still find it humourous that Dave Prowse thought they would use his voice as Darth Vader... "Ooh arr, the force be straang in this'un"...
    Another signature with an annoyingly long and irrelevant gear list. We need a "block signatures" function
    Oooerrr! Who rattled her cage ....

It's not that big and you don't have to read it. :)
  • Bore off Phil, the gear list in his sig takes up less space than the whitespace above the quote in your post.

I'm moaning because I don't want this forum to end up like BassChat. It will soon end up that way if everybody fills their signatures with long and irrelevant gear lists.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    So I like sharing with people what gear I use, I am profoundly sorry that I offended you with my signature, perhaps I should change it to suit. Or maybe I'll just stick to the topic of the thread... 8-|

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

I'm moaning because I don't want this forum to end up like BassChat. It will soon end up that way if everybody fills their signatures with long and irrelevant gear lists.
    Report it. I once got a polite PM from a mod telling me to shortern mine (I had 3 links to stuff I was selling in the classifieds). Maybe they're more relaxed now, or maybe they just haven't noticed this one...but AFAIK there is a limit.
    So I like sharing with people what gear I use, I am profoundly sorry that I offended you with my signature, perhaps I should change it to suit.... 
    [mod hat on]
    Don't, it's fine. :)
    [mod hat off]
  • Edited it for the lols.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ddlooping said:
    I still find it humourous that Dave Prowse thought they would use his voice as Darth Vader... "Ooh arr, the force be straang in this'un"...
    So I like sharing with people what gear I use, I am profoundly sorry that I offended you with my signature, perhaps I should change it to suit.... 
    [mod hat on]
    Don't, it's fine. :)
    [mod hat off]

So what is the official sig limit? I was told to keep mine* down to two lines?

*that was when I had a sig of course, I only tend to list stuff I'm selling.

• Anyway, it could have been a lot worse, I could have listed all 36 guitars...

So I like sharing with people what gear I use, I am profoundly sorry that I offended you with my signature, perhaps I should change it to suit. Or maybe I'll just stick to the topic of the thread... 8-|
    Well, @Monkeybone, the problem isn't really that you want to share what gear you use. I accept that I'm not obliged to read it if I don't want to (tbh, I don't, but that's not the real issue). The main problem is that if everyone does it like they do on BassChat, when you load a page what you get is half a screen full of headers and adverts, with one post followed by a massive signature that's often twice as long as the post, you scroll down, to find another two posts each with massively long gear lists, and it can take you quite a while to read through a discussion especially if your broadband isn't that quick (mine's a bit like a dialup modem). And if the same person posts several times in a discussion their gear lists get hugely tedious.

IMO a signature line should be just that. 1 line, 2 max. A share-your-gear thread is IMO the best place to er, share your gear, and lots of us do (even me), in the relevant threads. I note that @ddlooping has used his sig. to draw attention to his gear-for-sale posts. That's cool, it does what he wants it to do without getting obtrusive.
  • So what is the official sig limit? I was told to keep mine* down to two lines?

*that was when I had a sig of course, I only tend to list stuff I'm selling.

It's more to do with the size of the font used rather than the number of lines. ;)
    A sig could be 1 line but huge due to the size of the font or 3 lines (like Monkeybone's used to be) but fairly small (hence acceptable).
  • Plus you can hide signatures anyway.

Shall we get back on topic now?

• We need a "block signatures" function
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/profile/signature ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Or, @Monkeybone, you could really piss @Phil_aka_Pip off by listing all your gear within the body of the post.

Every single time.

Fender Japan Strat
    Squier Tele Custom with Bigsby
    Bailey build with spalted maple top
    Bailey build singlecut
    Fender Japan Strat XII
    Variax 300
    No-name bass
    Sea Foam Green bitsa Strat
    Terada acoustic
    Yamaha APX4-12A
    Crappy Ovation copy
    5 string banjo
    Vintage tricone
    Flea concert ukulele
    Cornell Plexi 20 head&cab
    Roland Microcube
    Line 6 Pod mk1
    Line 6 Pod XT Live
    Vox Tonelab

You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Or, @Monkeybone, you could really piss @Phil_aka_Pip off by listing all your gear within the body of the post.

Every single time.

Fender Japan Strat
    Squier Tele Custom with Bigsby
    Bailey build with spalted maple top
    Bailey build singlecut
    Fender Japan Strat XII
    Variax 300
    No-name bass
    Sea Foam Green bitsa Strat
    Terada acoustic
    Yamaha APX4-12A
    Crappy Ovation copy
    5 string banjo
    Vintage tricone
    Flea concert ukulele
    Cornell Plexi 20 head&cab
    Roland Microcube
    Line 6 Pod mk1
    Line 6 Pod XT Live
    Vox Tonelab

And then quote it.

I'm not that cruel... :P

• ddlooping said:
    We need a "block signatures" function
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/profile/signature ;)
    fanx. didn't know we had that. IMO if sig.s were used correctly we wouldn't need it, but I'm pleased it is there. Don't long sig.s contravene Rule#1 anyway?