I'm gonna build a pedalboard.

What's Hot
I shall drive to B&Q tomorrow and get a couple of these to make a bass pedalboard with:

The plan is:

Cut them down to size - the depth of 30cm is fine, but the width of 75cm is far too much. I want it to roughly match the size of my guitar pedalboard (ideally a bit smaller) so I can use the same case to carry it.

Strengthen it in the middle with another strip or two of wood running at right angles to the grain.

Put them together, with enough space in between to fit my old Harley Benton Power Plant under the top shelf. I might try to angle it too... so I'll try to find some wooden door-stops or something in B&Q I reckon, that'd be perfect.

Nail some strips of carpet or something to it, to give the velcro on the pedals something to stick to.

Wondering whether to finish it or not... any other tips? Anyone done this kind of thing?
- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Pedals currently set to go on it:

Ibanez Weeping Demon
    EBS Multicomp
    EHX Bass Soul Food
    MXR Carbon Copy

Hopefully a VT Bass will join the fold soon as well, and a tuner.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26631
    edited September 2015
    I've found that cheap carpet tiles work perfectly for pedalboards, for what it's worth. Value doormats from Wilko are also good, but the loops are too loose and start to get "fluffy" after a while.

Glue the carpet to the wood with something like Araldite to keep the carpet stuck evenly, and then put some screws through (not nails...bloody vandal) when it's dry to make sure nothing lifts.
    <space for hire>
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8723
    Paint it satin black. Paint helps stop the wood absorbing moisture and warping. Use rubber feet to stop it sliding across smooth floors.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Easy I have about 3 boards made from Gorm shelves from IKEA. Ikea also have a range of reduced MDF kitchen panels usually priced at about £2.00 which will add to the Gorm shelf and make it the same design as a pedal train. 

Easy to mount a power supply underneath with some screws and cable routers.

Jigsaw and a sander are useful paint it a great colour like Surf green or Taos turquoise add some heavy duty velcro and some rubber feet and you are usually in for about £15 plus 2-3 hours of your time.

Takes 5-9 pedals easy and lightweight. Money saved equals another pedal. Sorry I am useless with pics from my iPad.
  • doogz84doogz84 Frets: 206
    Looking forward to seeing pictures of it finished.

Also, the WD7 is a great pedal, I love mine, use it, probably, way too much.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Went to B&Q... and of course the shelf I was looking for turns out to be discontinued. WHY'S IT STILL ON THE WEBSITE YOU CUNTS?

So I bought a different shelf, just a single board with no slats. Looks like I'll have to change the design.

I did buy some fabulous paint from Halfords though... it's a Citroen colour, metallic, a little darker than Lake Placid Blue.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I built this a few months ago using some mdf and a B&Q carpet tile works really well though didn't quite make it tall enough for my power supply to fit underneath. I'm going to make a bigger version in a few weeks which will solve that issue.

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr

Uploaded with Imgupr
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom