SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gretsch G5420 Electomatic - £450 (Sold) , Fender Jaguar HH (JGS-83) - £375 (Sold)

What's Hot
DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
After splurging on two guitars this month i need to make room so these two will need to sadly go.  Not looking for trades as i am at max guitar capacity (if ever there was such a thing):

First up is my Gretsch G5420t (FSR) in Cadillac Green (Now Sold):

Specs are as on Gretsch web-site for the current model except the green!

Only modification is the addition of a Stainless Steel Compton bridge (can send the tunomatic too).  Guitar has been recently set up by Fraser Callum (Horsforth, Leeds) which included fret level so no uneven frets to be had.

Comes with Black Rat gig bag.

Second is my Japanese Jaguar HH Special in black with mint pickguard. (Now Sold)

I bought from Ishibashi web-site in 2007.

Alder body, maple neck, rosewood board, vintage frets.

I have changed the "Dragster" pickups to Swineshead AMPs.  Some of the original blurb about the AMPS: 

"The A.M.P (stands for alnico magnet polepieces) replaces the bar magnet used on most humbuckers with 12 individual rod magnets which are used as polepieces. This breaks away from typical humbucker restraints provides a bright, clear and articulate tone". 

Pots have been changed to push pull coil taps so there are plenty of switching options.  Knobs changed from the original chrome to vintage types.  Not sure whether i still have the "Dragster" pickups but can have a look for those and the original pots and knobs if needs be.

Tarnishing around the bridge and that dreaded buckrash round the back but aside from that it is in fine fettle.

Comes with Hiscox Case

Both set up with D'Addario 10-46.

Would prefer pickup rather than courier and am based in Leeds.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments