SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Caparison Apple Horn Jazz

What's Hot
EvoEvo Frets: 319
edited October 2015 in Guitars £
Hi guys, bit of a long shot here so I'm expecting this to need a few bumps before I find it but I'm after a Caparison Applehorn Jazz. That's the ideal, I might be interested in a different model but it needs to be fixed bridge and caparison. Let me know what you've got hiding away so the other half doesn't know! (Keep it guitar related though, I sometimes read this forum at work!) Fingers crossed!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There was a Caparison Applehorn for sale recently on Facebook via the South Wales Guitar/Amp/Gear Exchange but I can't remember if it was the Jazz version.  Might be worth a look there.
  • EvoEvo Frets: 319
    Just found it. It's the Schaller term version. Lovely guitars but I already have one in grey
    Bump! If you know anyone that has an Apple horn jazz then please point them my way (or point me their way!)
    Ever the optimist bump!
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    edited September 2015
    :-)

Very good guitar - the thing I found is that you need to keep the neck very straight because of the extra frets.  For instance, I usually have around 0.25mm relief on all my guitars.  On the Applehorn Jazz I was getting some buzz around the 26th fret upwards so I took it down to around 0.10mm relief.  
    It's a balancing act for sure. I've got the same problem with my sandstone apple horn but the dimensions, neck profile and feel just suit me down to the ground. I love it to bits and a fixed bridge version will be me sorted I think (guitar wise anyway, amps and fx are another matter!)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Have you tried GoCompare? I hear they are good at product Caparisans.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I asked them for a deal but then they told me to get real and now I won't shop guitars at go compaaaare!
  • Have you thought about asking Jaden (Jaden Rose Guitars), Christian (Sabre Guitars) or Johnny (Feline Guitars) if they can do anything for you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hmmmm, hadn't thought of that! I might look into a build if one doesn't turn up
    Still hoping! Bump!