SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Marshall 4001 Studio 15 for sale

Extremely rare and collectable Marshall valve combo. They were only made from 1986 - 1992., and only 500 units were produced.

They were the only Marshall ever made to use 6V6 valves, and the first Marshall to feature Celestian 12'' Vintage 30 speaker. They were famously used by Martin Barre of Jethro Tull, and were a favourite in recording studios due to the direct output which could be fed straight into a mixing desk. It has a master volume to allow true Marshall distortion at domestic volumes, and even a built in attenuator to allow the player to run the speaker from the headphone socket for late night practice sessions. Many enthusiastic owners testify that the amp is big enogh for small gigs, or you could always mike it up and use it as a monitor.

I have owned this amp from new, and the serial number (U18915) dates it to 1986. It is in mint condition with no damage or tears. the amp has never been out of the house and I estimate it has only had 10 hours use from new as I only play acoustics at home. It has the original cover and even has the original valves! This is a collectors dream and can only increase in value. I'll post some photographs shortly, but there's a wealth of information about these amps on the Internet. 

I'm looking for £600.00 for this amp.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m199/jeffsilvaire/ad1_zpsabf13d99.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74470
    Fantastic amp. I had one ages ago (not from new) and I can confirm that it's easily loud enough to gig with, if you want a dirty Marshall tone. Not sure if the clean volume would be quite, but it's still a very loud 15W.

Fixed bias, which gives it more punch than the standard cathode-bias you normally find with 6V6s at 15W, and an extremely loud speaker - these early V30s with the vented magnet sound even louder and chunkier than the normal ones, to me.

Be aware that the DI output isn't speaker-compensated though. Not much of an issue with modern recording DAWs since they have them onboard, but don't let a soundman just connect it to the PA!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    Now, I know I said I'd never buy another Marshall but.... I've wanted one if these since buying Crest of a Knave by Jethro Tull. I don't suppose you'd be interested in any trades?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• luscombeluscombe Frets: 155

Hi impmann

Thanks for the addional information regarding the speaker and the DI output.

Unfortunately I'm not looking for any trades at the moment as my recent stoke has left me unable to play my guitars, hence I am selling so many items on here.

All the best

Jeff

The Studio 15 is still for sale if anyone is interested.
    The Styudio 15 has now been sold. Thanks for the interest and input to the thread.