Virgin Media heads up

wibblewibble Frets: 1112
For those on VM, the Tivo update is currently rolling out - adds various improvements to the service as well as the Netflix app.

Also if you didn't know, they have a free VOIP app which allows you to use your landline minutes on your smartphone (via wifi)...
http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/phone/smartcall/explore/intro.html

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    edited November 2013
    confused -  why would you want to put your "free" mobile calls onto your landline which isnt free ?!??!!     you dont get landline minutes......... you get "certain free calls" depending on your package,    

All virgin to virgin calls are free anyway..........    I smell "small print"

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Ooooh that smartphone app is news to me - tbh I never come close to using up my mobile minutes but my local pub has shit 3g reception and fast free wifi so that might prove pretty handy, cheers!
    All practice and no theory
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    bertie said:
    confused -  why would you want to put your "free" mobile calls onto your landline which isnt free ?!??!!     you dont get landline minutes......... you get "certain free calls" depending on your package,    

All virgin to virgin calls are free anyway..........    I smell "small print"

It's not hard to understand, you use your unlimited calls that's part of your landline package on your mobile (via wifi) from wherever you are without touching your mobile minutes allowance.

Not too useful in my case as I have the cheapest VM landline option (free UK calls at weekends only) and I have unlimited mobile minutes anyway. But using it from abroad will be useful.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    thats the point,  I/we dont get "unlimited calls'   to anything useful at a useful time of day, that isnt already free cos its virgin to virgin
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.