John Fusciante's solo work

TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7817
edited September 2015 in Music
Just stumbled across Shadows collide with people, liked it... there is some nice guitar on it :)

seems he's been prolific, what other albums of his are worth a listen?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Also interested to know what people recommend!
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • I quite liked Will to Death too
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3932
    I really like Niandra Lades and usually just a t shirt, but you need to be a fan.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Will to Death is one of my favourite albums.
  • I like most of his stuff. Smile From The Streets You Hold is pretty awful though as he was trying to make money for his habit.

Ataxia, Will To Death, Record Water and Niandra are all pretty good though.
  • I had a big binge on his solo work for a while and though lots of it was great, after listening back to a few albums I end up skipping a lot of tracks now. Shadows is great, easiest to get into, Carvel is a favourite song of mine, love singing it in the car full volume. A lot of his recent stuff is JUST shite IMO
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3932
    Anyone heard the bedroom lick experiment? It's not even Frusciante but a take on that lick he did on Funky monks. The vid is very cheesy but the tune is a little bit good:
  • I'm going to have to try it again. Probably to remind myself of why I couldn't listen to it in the first place but hey gotta do it I suppose. My rationale as a kid was "he's in RHCP and I like RHCP therefore the solo album must be good"

Wrong!
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Yeah, To Record Water is excellent and Shadows Collide too. All of the work is great and it's worth reading the back story to the releases....you can really hear his move away from the drug addiction as the albums progress
  • Cool, will check out a few of the reccommended ones :)