Book About Alice Cooper Band Early Days

I just read "Snakes! Guillotines! and Electric Chairs!"  a book by bassist Dennis Dunaway and his years with the original line up of the Alice Cooper band in the late 60's and into the mid 70's.  Having been an avid fan of that era, mostly from the "Love it to Death" album to "Billion Dollar Babies" I couldn't resist.   It's an interesting look into the Los Angeles scene as it transitioned from peace and love hippies to hard rock and glam and how the band came together to create an unusual rock presentation with the help of Frank Zappa at first, and Bob Ezrin later.  I got it as an e-book for Kobo, it's probably available for Kindle but I don't know for sure.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11636
    tFB Trader
    Good review - I think it's one I'll enjoy as a big vintage Alice fan.

Just read Billy Idol's book which was great and have John Lydon's on the go too which is a good read

Can also recommend Red by Sammy Hagar and Life by Kieth Richards and Paul Stanley's recent one was excellent

Really want to read Dee Sniders book too

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitars said  "Good review - I think it's one I'll enjoy as a big vintage Alice fan.

Just read Billy Idol's book which was great and have John Lydon's on the go too which is a good read

Can also recommend Red by Sammy Hagar and Life by Kieth Richards and Paul Stanley's recent one was excellent

Really want to read Dee Sniders book too"

I read "Life", really enjoyed it, now I've got to check out some of your other suggestions.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom