ASIOs and interfaces-talk to me!

Hi all,

Trying to get my head around the above issues. I have an interface plugged into pc-but the interface doesn't appear to be being recognised (I tried adding new hardware but nothing was showing).

I am aware that I need to do something with the ASIO driver, but no idea what this is(!?) I found the option in Reaper via preferences-but there were no ASIO devices connected for me to select, and not sure how to add them.

Obv I'm not getting any sound from interface either through the phones monitor in the interface, or into Reaper.

Is there any easy how to guides anyone knows of?!

Thanks

Chris
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You have a (somewhat belated) PM from me :)
    <space for hire>
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    What interface?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • spark240 said:
    What interface?
    It's OK - it's a Behringer UMC404HD that I sold him and forgot to send the link to the drivers ;)
    <space for hire>
  • Hey-yep sorry guys should have updated. I have now been sent the links(thanks!) so hopefully that will get me going!
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633

Having had quite a few interfaces over the last ten years I would like to say a bit about their installation?

Most interfaces require you to install the software, often just the drivers BEFORE you ever plug in the AI. You will normally be told when to plug and then often the unit installs quite rapidly. Sometimes however there is another raft of stuff to install indeed, the install procedure might run up to 3 times.

One AI I had, Tascam 122, needed the USB plug removed then replaced at a critical point.

The bottom line to all this is RTFM! Download the user manual if you don't have it and stick to the LETTER of the instructions for YOUR operating system.

It is also a good idea to set a Restore point before you even start then, if you FU you have a clean machine to try again with.

Dave.