SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

TRADED

What's Hot
SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
edited October 2015 in Guitars £
I give in, this is way too complicated for me. It just took me almost 2 hours to change the strings! It came to me with the electronics all desoldered and am emg pickup fitted. After help from here the pickup was removed and two from an ibanez added though I don't know what they are sorry.
I also changed the pots for some used ones I had again no idea what they are. Its working now but I don't know if it's working right or not so I'd suggest new pots and wiring by someone with half of a clue. One of the original pickups is included too but something has been done to the wires as some are taped up. It does work though
Good points are there is minimal scratching etc and the neck and body seem to be out of one piece of wood. It has really odd grover tuners and a floyd rose bridge. Hard case also included. You are welcome to come and look at it, I'm at the limits and beyond of my knowledge so questions will likely get an 'ermmm" I don't know what to say for price so open to suggestions. Happy to trade for a half decent telecaster type guitar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hmmmm

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Definitely no idea re. price?

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• Not a clue sorry not expecting a fortune but I'd like to get enough to replace it with something less fussy and frilly that doesn't need a mechanical engineering degree just to fit strings
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Messaged you.

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Don't know what you have into it, but it looks pretty good for that kind of guitar. Ought to be worth around a couple of hundred quid, especially as it is Korean which is waaay better than the Chinese stuff.

Just my 2c of course.

• Thanks Richard, it doesn't owe me that much but I'd like to get a good guitar in return so as not to lose out. I really want a tele type guitar. Partly because I think they are lovely to look at but mainly as they look pretty simple in terms of maintaining. I held one in a local shop today and it felt lovely. Not too heavy but you knew you were holding it.
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    edited September 2015
    Peavey did a few Limited Editions like this with the holy tuners, bling binding and the Limited Edition inlay.  They weren't the cheap versions of the shapes either.  :)

I adore the Peavey Rotor, and the equivalent version of that usually gets listed on eBay betwen £200-300.  I don't know this shape, so don't know if it's more or less desirable.
  • Where are you located? Might have something of interest
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    edited September 2015
    Thanks @Rox, is that the same guitar as the bridge looks like it's just holes on that. It does certainly seems to be a well made guitar. Better by a mile than anything else I own. I'm in Crawley @Dean2371
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    edited September 2015

Rox said:
    Looking on the bay, they seem to go between £160 and £300!  Quite a range.  Here's another black one.

@Rox Goddamn!

I paid less than £100 for each of mine! :O

• SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    edited September 2015
    Get rid of yours too Harry :)
    edited September 2015
    They're really well made but the brand name drops value like a stone... unless I'm looking for a set-neck stoptail Rotor and then people want £300!! :D

It'll be a quality item.

Sorry @Skodadad - missed the difference, I'll remove the link as it's inaccurate and misleading.  ;)  In which case, the Floyd ones seem to go for more.  :)

@HarrySeven - that doesn't surprise me - you're Mr. Bargain Hunter...! :D
  • @skodadad - this might be an instance where it is worth popping into your local guitar store (if you have one) and seeing if there are any part-ex options available - not always the best bet as the dealer will need to make their cut, but you may be able to get a fair amount towards something like a classic vibe tele - which are great guitars.

Given this guitar and a straight up tele are at pretty much opposite ends of the electric guitar spectrum it may be difficult to find someone looking to trade privately. Not impossible though. Part ex may be a good alternative
  • I saw a few in the shop yesterday that were used so that could be an option but I figured they would spot I didn't have a clue and offer me another Encore and I never want another one of them :) I suppose I have nothing to lose by taking it down.
    edited September 2015
    There's a red one for £300+ so aim for trade of £200 ish... ultimately, so whatever seems good.  It isn't a real cheapo - it's just the brand name.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • clarke_111clarke_111 Frets: 58
    edited September 2015
    You clearly do have a clue! You know what you want and don't want-see what they offer you for yours, but make sure it is against a model you have picked. You can always walk away anyway if the deal is no good (it might not be) but it is worth a try. Also try a few in the shop, don't worry about what you sound like or who is watching (I remember finding guitar shops intimidating places, but soon realised that they are not). It's important you find what is right for you.

Getting it done quickly (ie walking out with new guitar on the day rather than waiting for a few days/weeks for a trade on here) is good as well as at this stage in your 6 string career having a guitar you want to pick up and play is so important - it will see you reaching for it more and more and improving quicker as a result which is certainly worth it IMHO.
  • Haha Clarke_111 were you in the shop yesterday? I really wanted to play one but bottled out.
  • clarke_111clarke_111 Frets: 58
    edited September 2015
    Haha-no, but I remember the feeling, and even after playing for years I still feel myself loitering around awkwardly before asking to try one! I am sure everyone has been there.

As I said no one is watching or judging you in there anyway-it certainly not a competition. I find a few good open chords in different pickup/volume/tone settings gives a good sense of the guitars tone and resonance anyway (I never get the people in guitar shops playing endless high gain-look-at-me legato phrases!) besides just sitting with it playing and moving yours hands over it etc you get a sense of wherever it 'fits' you. It is worth trying a few for comparison as well.

Also might be worth taking some headphones if you have any that can be plugged into an amp. I don't think you need to worry at all as I said-but doing that can make people feel more comfortable which is a good thing.
  • And don't forget that your V-Type is the distant relative of a very desirable bit of '80's/'90's Metal-tastic excess:

:D

• Would you be interested in a Squier '51 ( a sort of hybrid between a strat and tele). I've been thinking about maybe off loading mine and I always wanted a Peavey Vandenberg...

Maybe we could work something out.