Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Digitech iStomp now only £49 and the models are free

What's Hot

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Got to agree, the Apple product line (and other similar companies, they're not alone) evolves and changes so quickly, and always with an eye on how to make you NEED the new version that I wouldn't buy a piece of tech that I depended on for gigging/working if it was locked down to Apple hardware to function.

I've got the same concerns with that Mackie mixer that runs on an iPad and has no physical controls, you're knackered in a couple of years if your iPad breaks and the current models are all incompatible. I love mixing on a tablet and will do it all day long on an x32, but I know that will still work without the iPad when I walk back to the desk and grab the faders!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 139
    bear in mind that it will not take the Lightning connector. I got one, its on the way back tomorrow as its useless with my iPhone 5
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24662
    dean2371 said:
    bear in mind that it will not take the Lightning connector. I got one, its on the way back tomorrow as its useless with my iPhone 5
    Unless you use an adaptor of course.
  • Works fine with my iPhone 5 using the Apple adaptor

• Couple of places selling these for £35 today, with 10 free models ( doesn't say which). I was thinking about a cheap phaser so I could use this for that even if nothing else. Although, I would need a lightning adapter, £25 for the proper Apple one :-( . Anybody know if there are problems with these and iOS 8? The digitech information is a bit threadbare. Ta :-)
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Got mine. It's great fun. The Gonkulator pedal is as mad as I remember it, and the octave pedals track way better than the originals they are modelled on.
    I would buy it just for that one effect alone

I have nothing Apple in my house though
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Downloaded the app, that tells me what it comes with ( although it's not the phaser). I thought I would have to pay extra for extra models but they do seem to be free as @fretmeister said in his OP. Currently trying to download a phaser but it's buffering like crazy, that may just be work wi fi though. It is a pity it needs a cable ( and in my case an adaptor too) as that makes the changes a bit unwieldy. If I changed models I might also want to change where it sits so swapping around all the time wouldn't be very feasible for me. However, £35 for a phaser won't be bad at all and if I get fed up of that gonkulator ahoy :-) So it's looking like a possible purchase and I would try a cheap adaptor despite digitech's warnings only to use the real deal.
  • I know I'm just talking to myself here but the app is quite fun, if you are new to effects and want to hear the difference between say a flanger and a phaser you could use it for that kind of thing. Still not sure if I'm buying so I'll shut up now 8-X
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Great pedals. I have two. One is on my acoustic board, with the excellent Lexicon Hall reverb loaded on to it. The other is on my Electric board, currently a nice shimmer reverb preset, although I do like the octavers that track perfectly, and the flangers/phasers/choruses are all good.

If you've got an apple device, it's well worth it. If only to have a pedal where you can say "I wonder what a flanger, phaser, octaver etc. would sound like on my board." and instantly try it. 
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited November 2014
    @EricTheWeary I've got an official apple Lightning adapter I've never used I'd be willing to sell if you like.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    @EricTheWeary I've got an official apple Lightning adapter I've never used I'd be willing to sell if you like.
    If @EricTheWeary declines your offer I'd be interested. :-)

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I've got one and I think it's great for what it is, especially for the price. I've got all the free models and I can switch between them at my leisure. I tend to use it for modulations and more out-there stuff like ring modulators etc.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @EricTheWeary I've got an official apple Lightning adapter I've never used I'd be willing to sell if you like.

ooh, @not_the_dj PM a price please. Having to buy an adaptor does rather eat into the cheap and cheerful nature of buying an istomp and I'm a bit suspect on the £5 Chinese hobbies ( not that the apple one won't be made in China) so that might work.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Well I bought one! £35 at Gear4Music, be interesting for some wacky effects without spending loads. Picked up a Lightning adapter on eBay at a reasonable price. I guess Digitech must have a new model in the offing?
  • Gagaryn said:
    Well I bought one! £35 at Gear4Music, be interesting for some wacky effects without spending loads. Picked up a Lightning adapter on eBay at a reasonable price. I guess Digitech must have a new model in the offing?

certainly the istomp has had its day as it's reliant on an outdated adaptor - a version that can be changed by iOS or android via the pickups like TC toneprints might make sense.
  • Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Very good...enjoy your iStomping 
  • Initial panic but once I'd worked out the guy designing the official adapter hadn't spoken to the guy who designed the official case all has been well. Seems ridiculously clumpy compared to the tc app but a low volume level strum suggests I have a nice phaser so far and some potential others. :)
  • I had that issue with the adapter, that's why I never bothered using it!
  • I can't see me changing models on it often and once it's on a board it would be an even bigger pain. Having said that at £35 plus p+p if it sounds good through my gig amp I can see me buying a second one. As long as I download loads of the free models it won't matter if they stop supporting it ( which will be just a matter of time).