Cognitive Dissonance

What's Hot
A taxi driver told me that speed cameras are just a a way for the council/police to make money. Then in the same journey he told me that all the speed cameras in Birmingham had been turned of because the council/police couldn't afford to run them any more. He didn't even bat an eyelid.
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    A failed money making scheme is still a money making scheme.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Nailed it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I did a speed  awareness course last year and the 2 blokes running it said speed cameras are the absolute last option in accident prevention.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8859
    Judging by the number of motorists who brake abruptly in front of a camera I sometimes wonder whether they are a contributor to some collisions
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    Roland said:
    Judging by the number of motorists who brake abruptly in front of a camera I sometimes wonder whether they are a contributor to some collisions
    makes me chuckle when they do that at the average speed cameras on motorway roadworks  

:)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8503
    bertie said:
    makes me chuckle when they do that at the average speed cameras on motorway roadworks  

Me too. Some people are so dense they don't even realise you just need to make sure you're going so fast that when the camera goes off, your reg plate is blurry.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankus said:
    A failed money making scheme is still a money making scheme.
    The way to defeat the money making scheme is surely not to speed?

I have thought quite hard about the possibility of a flaw in this statement.........nope, it's true!
  • Cirrus said:
    bertie said:

Me too. Some people are so dense they don't even realise you just need to make sure you're going so fast that when the camera goes off, your reg plate is blurry.
    Yeah you jsut need to go through backwards.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8503
    I sense a need for speed scene....
  • In Spain I am told the locals destroy them with gunfire
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    edited November 2013
    tonyrath said:
    In Spain I am told the locals destroy them with gunfire

They set them on fire on the A1 north of Newcastle .... always make me smile >:D<
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

It's a hazardous existence if you're a speed camera in Thanet, and there's only four of them. The one near one of the big council estates is a particular favourite for vandalism. Glancing up at the lens as you drive by, there's usually some kind of shite over the lens, and they've set fire to it on numerous occasions. Ironically, it's probably the only one which is a necessity because it's placed on a dangerous bend where there had been loads of accidents, the last one was a car going too fast and I think one of the occupants died at the scene.