Faulty zoom g3

ftumchftumch Frets: 697
I'm just wondering if anyone has had the same fault I'm having with my g3. The right hand screen just stopped working, it's completely blank but if I go into page it glitches like a flicker of black nonsense. I've googled it but it doesn't seem to be a common fault. I'm gonna try resetting it tomorrow but it looks like the screen might be bllxed:(
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25504
    Not that I'm an electronics expert, but I have fixed a fair few bits of kit over the years, but.... I would guess it's a mechanical fault - i.e. a bad connection.  Given that it's a box that gets stood on, it's highly likely.

If you're any good at dismantling stuff, I'd take it apart and re-seat any cables going to the dicky screen, or if it's a surface mount thing, try pressing it gently at various points to see if the screen springs back to life.  Either way, it's probably nothing a local TV repair shop (if you can find any these days) couldn't fix.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 697
    Cheers Emp, no Tv repair shops round here though they've all had to make way for yet another tesco or kebab shop. I'll open it up and see if any things come loose, expect to see a bargain non functioning g3 in the classifieds later today;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    If it doesn't appear to be fixable I may be interested.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Noted ICBM
  • Did you ever find the fault on this? I've got a G3 incoming with a blank left screen and it would be nice (but not essential) to fix it.
    I never did mate, keep meaning to find someone to look at it for me but so far have done fck all :)
    If your less lazy than me and find a solution, would appreciate a heads up.
    Cheers