Energy Direct Debit...bastards !!

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24728
I switched to EDF in May and they estimated my monthly DD would be £91 (Gas & Electric).  My previous DD was £77 with Scottish Power but I switched as they were hiking their prices.

Anyway, I've just had the first bill, and they're increasing my DD to £104 - even though I'm £162 in CREDIT.

Now, I get the fact that energy use increases over winter, but, does anyone else think they're taking the piss here ?
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I had something similar with British Gas. I told them to reduce the payments, which they did. I ended up owing them money, which to me is much better in principle than the bastards having too much of my hard-earned. I guess you should do a calc on your energy usage first, because they've all put their prices up.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73154
    edited November 2013
    There are really people who genuinely believe that switching from one billing agency to another in a cartel of billing agencies in a fictional competitive market and who sell the same product with the same underlying fuel and generating costs down the same supply network can actually save you money?

lol

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Yup, I'm one of them. And I saved £200 on my energy bills last year by switching. But I will say that you have to monitor the deals frequently.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34007
    ... and yet I switched to OVO a few weeks ago and my D/D went down from £180 cpm to £140 pcm.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Me too. Halved my bill from Eon to Scottish Power. 
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I switched to EDF in May and they estimated my monthly DD would be £91 (Gas & Electric).  My previous DD was £77 with Scottish Power but I switched as they were hiking their prices.

Anyway, I've just had the first bill, and they're increasing my DD to £104 - even though I'm £162 in CREDIT.

Now, I get the fact that energy use increases over winter, but, does anyone else think they're taking the piss here ?
    I bet they're charging you day rate for your night usage and night rate for your day usage. Scottish Power tried that scam on me for a while. During the summer I didn't notice because day use = night use. However during the winter it made one hell of a difference and I have the devils own job convincing them they'd crossed the meter readings over. I left them for southern electric after I'd got half my money back.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    How are your bills so high? Do you all run particle accelerators?
    My V key is broken
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Warm air central heating from the 70s. 

Not only is it shite but you get the added bonus of asbestos for good measure. 

My direct debit was £180 a month with E.on for a very small ex council house.  We didn't even have the heating on every day or for very long when it was. Q4 2012/13 was £900 for me. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    holnrew said:
    How are your bills so high? 
    they're not
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.