Fractal FX8 users question

What's Hot
1131415161719»

Comments

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    thomasw88 said:
    any advice on pedal boards?  do the pedal train classic's fit with soft cases  height wise???
    Depends what other pedals you're using.   
    I have an EB volume and EBjr and that just fits on a pt2/3.    Iirc the unit itself would fit on a jr but be full width. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I got a PT 2 with softcase - FX8 and Vol pedal fits just! Also I got a Dunlop DVP3 so it can be vol or Expression pedal so works well with FX8
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2410
    Resurrecting this old thread in the hope one of you seasoned users can help a newbie out with some frustrations...

I picked an FX VIII MK II up last week and am loving it so far, although I intend to keep it simple and replicate my current pedalboard. I take a while working out how gear works and have spent the last few days setting up a 2/6 scene that I can exploit eightfold within a patch.

Running 4CM into a Laney GH100R head:-

Compressor -> Drive -> Tremolo -> Phaser -> Chorus -> Delay -> Reverb -> Relay 1

So far so good earlier today, then fire it all up tonight and engaging the Drive block mutes the entire system for some reason and the Reverb block totally drops in volume.  I've been through the pages and settings of the Drive block until I'm blue in the face and can't for the life of me fathom out why it is behaving like this. All levels, mix etc are up as they should be. 

Any clues?!

I've tested it with different scenes in the same patch with the same result. Tearing my hair out now and on the cusp of sending it back under DSR, which I really don't want to have to do...

help!
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    @StefB can you recreate the patch bit by bit in a new slot? 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    A couple of thoughts - could it be x/y setting - that's caught me out in the past thinking I was editing one but having the other selected.    
    I cant recall if the fx has the same footswitch options as the ax - is that switch assigned to something unexpected. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8841
    Have you tried recreating the patch without scenes, using pedals to turn individual effects on and off?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Have you got the correct effect assigned in the footswitches tab? It seems to get its panties in a bunch if the footswitches and effects tab don't match.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2410
    I'll try all these things and report back, thanks for all your input...
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I had an issue where one night at a gig all my sounds were weedy even tho nothing had changed - reset global parameters and it fixed it - had to remember to change some of those parameters back to how I used it but it may help? X/Y thing is also a good shout

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    Helix is the answer...

Sorry

I seem to remember something with the Mute FX bypass settings which IIRC are set on a per effect basis.

I also seem to remember the TC2290 delay being a pain in the arse with the stereo/mono bit
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2339
    Vaiai said:
    I had an issue where one night at a gig all my sounds were weedy even tho nothing had changed - reset global parameters and it fixed it - had to remember to change some of those parameters back to how I used it but it may help? X/Y thing is also a good shout

this was the reason I sold my FX8.  Sounded awesome in the house, yet whenever I gigged it or rehearsed it  in a band situation I was never happy with it, and constantly trying to tweak it.