SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gretsch G5435T Electromatic Pro Jet Bigsby Black - £250

ChéChé Frets: 305
edited October 2015 in Guitars £
SOLD Bought this for some surfy bigsby goodness but not feeling the filtertrons. Don't think the Gretssch sound is my thing and I'll probably go back to Jazzers.

No case and I've ran out of guitar boxes so collection only from Leeds unfortunately. I could deliver or meet you half way for petrol costs.

Cheers,
Shaun
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31157

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Gassage - Can't get to Leeds.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    If this is around in a few days I'll have it. Just waiting on an invoice.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited October 2015

• @che - try moving to the Classifieds

• Are they actually Filtertrons? Some of the Electromatic series don't have TV Jones but the cheaper Gretsch-made versions. They don't achieve the same tone as the TV Jones.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2993
    tFB Trader
    They're Blacktop Filtertrons, different to Gretsch alnico filters or TVJ, but Filters they are. Bit hotter and more cutting.
  • Octahedron;813748" said:
    Are they actually Filtertrons? Some of the Electromatic series don't have TV Jones but the cheaper Gretsch-made versions. They don't achieve the same tone as the TV Jones.
    I'm not sure that any Electromatics have TVJs, unless it's a limited run perhaps.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    edited October 2015
    guitargeek62;813775" said:
    [quote="Octahedron;813748"]Are they actually Filtertrons? Some of the Electromatic series don't have TV Jones but the cheaper Gretsch-made versions. They don't achieve the same tone as the TV Jones.
    I'm not sure that any Electromatics have TVJs, unless it's a limited run perhaps.
    [/quote]

They're not tvj's Gretsch called the newer pickups Blacktop Filter'trons.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8154
    Regardless, they're still great pickups. Better for rock than TVJ.  If you play clean most of the time, then TVJ is the way to go.  If you like a bit if dirt, these blacktops are hard to beat.

Note: They are very sensitive to pickup placement, they like to be right up under the strings. See this chart for details (works for all Filtertrons-a-like pickups).

Set them up right, and you'll absolutely love them.  These newer Pro Jets are fantastic guitar for not a lot of money. They need the odd tweak/mod here and there, but it's hard to see where the extra money goes on the Pro Lines when these are such a good buy,

Awesome modding platform too.  

Marlin
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    Pmd