Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

More proof of why Joe Bonamesser is a twat

What's Hot

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4757
    ...and presumably JB can at least spell his name correctly.............
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

I'd switch jobs in a second as long as I didn't have to wear those ridiculous shades all the time.

I'm not a massive Bonamassa fan by any stretch, but he can definitely play, definitely sing and he can definitely sell out tours.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6154
    ... and he's kinda cute too...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11704
    tFB Trader
    I think as a blues artist you are constantly playing or reinterpreting (stealing) songs or licks of the blues pioneers.

Getting an idea for an album or a tour is always going to be along these lines and I se it as paying homage to the three greats who have all sadly gone.

Another tour idea may have been "Like a Rolling Stone" where he would play all the tracks by the original artists that the Stones either covered or were "inspired by".

It's a bit like when Gary Moore did the Blues for Greeny , although Gary did have a personal connection with Peter Green.

I do agree that Derek Trucks is superb though.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 923
    Can't understand the hate for Joe. I used to listen to him and saw him perform quite a few times when he was just a trio. The Rockpalast dvd is superb, playing with Eric Czar and Kenny Kramme. He has gone too middle of the road for me now, but he's a superb player.
  • Brize said:
    By which I simply mean playing a musical instrument - I wasn't suggesting that blues is a superior art-form.

My experience is that people who use the phrase 'proper music' will generally cast disdain on anything they see as electronic and they have a strong adherence to the belief that guitars equate to proper music. 'tis all. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    ^^ That's a hell of an assumption - I've no problem with electronic music. I was really referring to the manufactured dross produced by reality-show winners and the like.
  • Never understood the hate for Joe B - he plays his ass off.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2950
    I like his voice more than his guitar playing.
    I think it's because he can be a dick.  

Also he has his own signature cufflinks, clothing line and amp baffles.
  • Alright I'm quick to make a snide remark about JB because he releases way too many run of the mill live albums and his merchandise is shit and over priced.

Other project things like the Beth Hart, Mahalia Barnes, Black Country Communion... Some have more appeal than his barrage of live albums. I think the best one was From Nowhere In Particular. Good tone, good production, very cool cover, good songs... And the same with the acoustic album. If you have those two you don't need the other 988 live albums ;)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12484
    I liked his early albums but he's since overdone the whole marketing thing: too many albums, ridiculous merch, signature gear et al.

BUT he sells out tours, so the demand is obviously there. Fair play to the bloke, get it while you can: the music business is full of great and original musicians who've never made a bean.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 739
    Why so much hate for a guy who is managing to make a living out of music in middle age? Surely, a pretty sizeable percentage of the folks on here would love to have his life?

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    I've never actually consciously listened to any Bonamassa stuff. I probably need to go have a listen to find out why he's so divisive. I always assumed I could listen any Les Paul wielding rock/blues player and not bother. Is he worth a listen?!? He definitely seems more than a little adept at squeezing a few quid from just about anything regardless of how negligible the connection though... so good arrows for that if you can do it I guess!
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited October 2015
    I have no strong feelings about JB. I don't see the problem with saying "fuck me this is bollocks" though. Nothing wrong with having strongly voiced opinions about music. It's not like he cares. Or needs you to point out on his behalf that he is, in fact, making lots of money...so there!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24780
    He's just dull. He's a midget using a stepladder to stand on the shoulders of giants.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbot said:
    I have no strong feelings about JB. I don't see the problem with saying "fuck me this is bollocks" though. Nothing wrong with having strongly voiced opinions about music. It's not like he cares. Or needs you to point out on his behalf that he is, in fact, making lots of money...so there!
    Because saying that means you're mad jealous and you want to be him and live a life like him and make money from playing music and wearing gold lamee suits, which is your dream.   
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2442
    IMHO He's a total phoney cashing in on punters who either don't know better or should know better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom