SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

CHANGE OF HEART (!): My Johnny Marr Jaguar for your Tele (or £1000)

What's Hot
pottolompottolom Frets: 115
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
*Change of heart for the time being - decided to hang onto this!*

A lovely Jaguar, it's great to play, it feels perfect in every way, but I really want a Tele, specifically a post-2012 "Pure Vintage" US model.

It's strung up with flat wound 12s (and it feels and sounds great with these, I'd recommend them) and is all original and unmolested. It was one of the first 200 made in 2012 and, as such, comes with the limited edition plush-lined case and a booklet signed by Johnny Marr himself. It's in great shape, but as many of you will be aware, the finish on these is *very* delicate, so it has quite a few minor nicks and chips.

I'm only interested in Post 2012 "Pure Vintage" Teles!). Guitars I'm thinking of are:

- 52 Reissue Tele
- 58 Reissue Tele
- Possibly the 64 Reissue

I'm not interested in the older '52 AVRIs.

Would sell for £1000 ONO. Cheapest I can see them for new is £1519, which is a good deal more than the AV Teles (!).

Also comes with the better StayTrem bridge and stainless steel switch tip (as well as the originals), which cost me £75. Oh, and a spare mint green pickguard if you like that look (which cost £25). All case candy included.

Photos below. I've tried to capture the wear with a macro lens - this is far less noticeable in real life of course, but it's best to be up-front about these things. The guitar has genuinely been well-treated, but the finish on these is absurdly delicate, as you'll discover if you read up online on them. Should result in a nicely worn-in guitar in just a few more years, though.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Yeah it's a bit tango
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 792
    edited October 2015
    Sell it and get the AV65 sonic blue jag from Andertons and pocket a couple of hundred??? They're going for £899.

Just got one (though I'm 'not allowed it til my birthday' - I'm sure it used to be my mum who said stuff like that, now it's my girlfriend). The half an hour I had with it, it was beautiful. Marrs go for £1200+ right, especially if yours is with the 'case candy'?..
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1635
    Keep it. Gorgeous colour.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1630
    Keep it, if you like how it feels, and speak to Rich @lamf on this very forum.

He took my orange Marr and gave it a fantastic pro respray which simply cannot be faulted, at a price which made it by far the best option, since I had the same allergy to the colour.

I went with black and it looks like this (not a great pic but you get the idea). I have barely put it down since, even with the arrival of the surf Jag (though that may change when it arrives tomorrow with new pups).

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8164
    I like the orange!!

Cool guitar
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 572
    Stunning guitar . . . Awesome colour . . . Your clearly mad :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    I would go the other way and get the headstock refinished orange to match :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pottolompottolom Frets: 115
    edited November 2015
    Bump. Edited post as I'd now be quite keen on trading for a nice Telecaster.

Cheapest I can see the Marr Jaguar for new online in the UK is £1519.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump.
    Added better photos.
    edited November 2015
    Price drop.