Anyone know this riff from PGS Andy?

What's Hot
Sounds very Neil Youngish. Maybe just Andy's pastiche of a Neil tune. Can anyone place it?

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    It's familiar. How about "Last Dance With Mary Jane" by Tom Petty?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1115
    It's familiar. How about "Last Dance With Mary Jane" by Tom Petty?
    +1
  • It is reminiscent of LDWMJ but I think it's actually his own Young/Petty style homage.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1630
    yep, it's not LDWMJ, close though. I was certain I'd heard it before. Maybe I just heard this demo months ago. Sounds like something Neil would have written in the early 70s. Decent riff, whatever it is. 

• On a follow up, why do pedal designer put the DC-in in front of the input and output jacket sockets? Joyo do it too and it's stupid. They're asking to get stepped on when they're placed there.
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2013
    On a follow up, why do pedal designer put the DC-in in front of the input and output jacket sockets? Joyo do it too and it's stupid. They're asking to get stepped on when they're placed there.

It literally just to do with space.  I prefer the DC on the top edge but it does give you a lot of dead space internally (and less space for the board) and currently most folks are obsessed with the smallest design rather than the best.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.