SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Upgraded Raygun Vintage V100 LP

stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
Vintage V100 Lemon Drop (Les Paul copy).

This started out as a standard V100 icon Lemon Drop, an excellent copy of Peter Green & Gary Moore's favourite guitar.
It was then sent by its previous owner to Raygun Relics where it was professionally refinished & setup. The wear actually looks totally natural- the photos don't do it justice.

The neck has the traditional heel (rather than the new angled Vintage join) it's been sanded back to wood & is silky smooth and comfortable- despite the sanding it's still a reassuring handful.
I've also upgraded pickups to Iron Gear Dirty Torque & Blues Engine humbuckers- both with coil taps. This expands the range of tones at your fingertips. It really sings now.
Whilst the p'ups were getting done, I also upgraded electronics- pots, wiring & caps.
All the other hardware is good quality Wilkinson stuff- no buzzes, rattles etc, the guitar intonates & holds tune perfectly.

Overall it's a great guitar & one I'll be sad to see go, but I've got two young children & need to make some space.

I'm looking for £250ono- the refinishing & upgrades make this a significant improvement on what left the factory.
Cash on collection from Stockbridge, Edinburgh only thanks... I've had a courier disaster already & am not keen to repeat the experience. Sorry.

(More detailed pics to follow).
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b625/stimpsonslostson/Mobile Uploads/image_zps2f09a692.jpg
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments