Reamping in Logic Pro X with Boss GT-001

What's Hot
Does anyone know how to reamp in Logic Pro X?  I am using a Boss GT-001 but I'm sure it's the same for everything.

Here is what the instructions says:

On my USB primary the mix level is 50% EFX out is 100%
On USB secondary Dry out is 100%.

Anyone know how I can reamp my tracks with Logic Pro X?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633

The general definition of "re-amping" is the feeding of an already recorded signal from an interface through the input of a guitar amp and recording the result with a microphone.

Don't how that applies here since there is only one "amp" and one interface and they are both the Boss!

Seems to me the simplest solution is to get another, modest interface? The Alesis i02 is very good for around 60quid.

You might also need a "re-amp kit", 10k pot in a tin, to feed the Boss with an attenuated signal.

Dave.

• You won't need a reamp kit if the unit is capable of USB reamping.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83 said:

The general definition of "re-amping" is the feeding of an already recorded signal from an interface through the input of a guitar amp and recording the result with a microphone.

Don't how that applies here since there is only one "amp" and one interface and they are both the Boss!

Seems to me the simplest solution is to get another, modest interface? The Alesis i02 is very good for around 60quid.

You might also need a "re-amp kit", 10k pot in a tin, to feed the Boss with an attenuated signal.

Dave.

Guitarfishbay is right, the Boss can do reamping.

I will try that IO plugin.  thanks.

• I'm just trying to think of when I did USB reamping with the Axe FX (I now just use XLR) - I think you need it set up as an aggregate device if it isn't your primary sound card. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202000

Then you can use the IO plugin referencing whatever input/output channels match your GT-001 on your setup.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    I thought with the GT001 you recorded the dry and FX signals on separate tracks , then giving you the option too use the dry signal to re-amp ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • spark240 said:
    I thought with the GT001 you recorded the dry and FX signals on separate tracks , then giving you the option too use the dry signal to re-amp ?
    Yeah you can do this, I'm not sure how to.  I didn't actually plug my GT001 in tonight to mess around with it.