New laptop time

gilbygilby Frets: 176
edited November 2013 in Off Topic
After over six years I think it's time to get a new laptop as ours is getting on a bit, slow and quirky just like me !
With a budget of nearer £350 than the max of £400, what do you guys suggest ?
Mainly the usual web browsing, possibly old school games, Iplayer. Kind of hoping that wiping all but itunes off of the existing laptop, we can still use that one purely for music (got a 1tb hard drive on the case).
Oh, the wife would probably want the new one for streaming NFL games.
So what do I need then guys ? I understand big numbers with gb is good but that's as far as it goes. What's the processor requirements these days ?
Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not wanting to spam too much but if you're interested I've got a decent spec 2-yr old vaio going spare atm? I'll pm you the details if you are, way below your budget too :)
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    @guitargeek62

I have a mate looking for a decent upgrade to his old VAIO and he may be interested.

PM me a price and I will put it to him.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4259
    edited November 2013
    @johnnyurq PM'd :)
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'd be looking for screen quality with those uses in mind. I dunno what's good though.
    My V key is broken
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    I'm looking for a cheap and cheerful one for work - anything that'll run win7, office and cope with a few webpages - if Johnny's mate isn't interested I might be - although I suspect something older (and even cheaper) would do me fine.