SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

*NOW TRADED* Unique PRS SINGLECUT – Built for Martin Barre of Jethro Tull

What's Hot
GadgetGadget Frets: 902
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
This fabulous guitar was custom built for Jethro Tull guitarist Martin Barre. It is hand-signed on the back of the headstock by Paul Reed Smith himself and is the very guitar featured on the inside sleeve of Martin’s solo album 'Stage Left' (see pix below).

It features PRS7 pickups, a wide fat neck, birds and an ebony fretboard.

I bought it from Mansons in Exeter several years back (with whom Martin has worked over many years). It comes with the hard case it was supplied in.

It has a few small marks and signs of use, but is in really great condition. The only really noticeable mark is a small ~2mm impression on the top, above the bridge, but it’s got to be in the right light to see it. Take a look at the high res photos lower down this page...

I know there may be quite a few questions on this, so feel free to ask and I can supply more pix / details as necessary.

Clearly, this is a special and unique instrument and it is likely that its build was undertaken or overseen by the luthiers who construct the elite Artist and Private Stock instruments, given its rock royalty recipient, and you know how much they fetch!...

However, I know cash is in short supply at the moment, so I'm asking what I believe is a very reasonable figure for such a provenance (word of the day ;) )- £1950 ONO NOW TRADED. I'm not really after trades at the mo, as I need cash to cover recent GAS attacks, but I would consider a SLO 100 with mods, or a Friedman SS.

This is a reluctant sale, but I’ve barely played it in all the time I’ve had it and it deserves to get more use. It's spent it's time at home in my studio safe, so has been well looked after.

Personal collection with cash is fine and so is Bank Transfer or Paypal (but collection will not be possible until all monies have fully cleared to my bank account in the last two cases).

I don't want to ship this, for obvious reasons, but will happily meet-up part-way up to 50 miles radius of Telford for £20 fuel or 100 miles maximum for £30 fuel.

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2924
    That's fuckin lovely
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice!
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 902
    Yes, 'tis a lovely thing :)
  • stevehsteveh Frets: 253
    I bought a Hamer Sunburst off Martin many, many years ago. It was black and had a Floyd on it - one of the early models without fine tuners that Guthrie now uses. 

Great guitar but - alas - it failed to turn me into Mr. Barre who is one of the most woefully underrated guitarists of our age: The instrumental section of "Minstrel in the Gallery" is a thing of joy and wonder to behold. He's not the fastest but, just like Gilmour, he choses the right notes. 
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 341
    Nice!
    One more for the collection boyo
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 739
    edited October 2015
    Totally irrelevant and random comment but it looks like PRS has signed it with a sharpie or some sort of permanent marker. Imagine the stress of that - your finest luthiers have produced this thing of beauty after weeks, or maybe months of toil, and you could ruin it all by spelling something wrong (Martin Bare??) or slipping with the pen. A horrible job to have to do I reckon!

Shit - I do have too much time on my hands!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow that's nice
    Someone mentioned a liking for the solid colour.

Note though, that whilst it is a pretty opaque black, you can just make-out the flamed maple through it (as seen on the guitar's edge).
    Weekend bump...