reccomend me a good camera for £300 for gig pics

as title I want to take good quality pics in low light gig conditions ,has to be easy to use ,point and shoot ,have a good lens for close ups ,any reccomendations or  bargains out their ? ive been looking at a Nikon d3100 ,gets great reviews and £269 at argos

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nikon or Canon is a decent choice here as you have cheap but great fast prime options in the lens department... the Nikon you are looking at is a decent budget option but bear in mind it does not have a motor built in so you are limited to DX lenses for autofocusing, any older lenses will be manual focus only..

saying that the Nikkor 35mm 1.8 DX is a superb lens I doubt you will rarely use any other..  

looking on MPB you don't quite have the budget for a used D7000 which would be my recommendation for a great performing Nikon..

when you say point and shoot does this mean your experience is limited? low light gig photography does not stand up well P&S wise, you need to be in at least one of the creative priority modes to capture the atmosphere.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    For £300 I'll recommend you the best camera ever... 

But... cash first :D