SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTD: CRINSON or DANOCASTER Blackguard

ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 888
edited October 2015 in Guitars £
A long shot as they rarely come up for sale, but let me know if your moving yours on! There's a Crinson on Gumtree but it has a slim neck (i like em chunky), and it also has some blingy abalone dots which look rather out of place on a 50's blackguard.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• My local guit shop has a crinson. Almost nocaster money. Are they that good?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34006
    Abalone dots are fairly easily replaced if the fingerboard isn't maple.
    You drill them out, glue in new ones and scrape them down.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 888
    Which guitar shop is that?
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 888
    edited October 2015
    Are they that good, personal taste I guess. Thing with the crinson, danocaster and possibly revelator is that your getting something that has truly had a lot of effort and time spent on it and getting it right. I like the fact that one person has worked on it to the best of their ability. Plus, the relicing actually looks authentic, which I like. Don't think I've seen one CS fender blackguard that looks correctly aged, most just look wrong, and the name on the headstock no longer worries me.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    There is/was a Crinson at Amp Guitars in Macclesfield a while ago, I tried it out. The neck was BIG, I think it was an Allparts TMO Fat that Nigel had finished, don't think he built it from scratch. I passed on it as the neck was too big for me. Very authentic looking guitar though.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)