SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Charvel USA Custom Shop SD II Koa

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 852
edited October 2015 in Guitars £

This is a beautiful custom Charvel made as part of a limited range in 1995.

I'm not sure about selling, but trying to balance the gas books!

According to the brochure, 'entirely hand made in the Jackson Custom Shop in Ontario, California, these instruments are built by the same craftsmen who built the first guitars in the late seventies.' Big names from Jackson's history were part of the team that built this range, Mike Shannon and Dan Lawrence to name but two.

Anyway, to the guitar. It retailed in 1995 at £1299 and featured top build quality and high spec parts. In the case of the SDII Koa, this comprised a Koa body, stunning birdseye maple neck with rosewood fretboard, Dimarzio pickups, locking Sperzal tuners and Wilkinson VS100 bridge.

The condition of this example is excellent, although the oiled body has acquired pick marks and light scratches etc   but no significant dings. The neck is phenomenal and the condition also very good. I was told by the previous owner, that one of the posts that a saddle screw bolts into is damaged, but this can't be seen and has no effect unless you unscrew the bolt to make an adjustment, at which point it can be fiddly to remount.

I'll include a very basic rectangle case that's in good condition, but nothing special.

Struggling with Photobucket at present, but will add pictures soon.

Price: be looking for around £750...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments