Ooooh The Walking Dead

What's Hot

Cor its a bit good this season aye it!?

I still miss shane though

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• A bit good indeed. :)
    Have you checked The Blacklist?
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    It is; lots of characters who seem to be a little bit 'Star Trek guy in red uniform' but there's plenty to keep things interesting, and Kirkman's hinted at the return of 'a major character' very soon. May or may not be the Governor, I don't think Carol's been gone long enough to make a 'comeback'...
  • what is the Blacklist? Also has anybody watched the web-episodes or the ones on the FX App? Worth a looky?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• what is the Blacklist?
    IMDB link ;) 
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I'm rapidly losing interest personally.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Walking Dead is OK but was treading water early on this series.

The Blacklist is excellent so far.

Revolution series 2 not so great.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I watched the first episode of the blacklist, thought it was the tits, other half, not so much. I might make her watch more, James Spader is great, I can see it becoming his defining role.
    My V key is broken
  • Is Blacklist on Sky Atlantic? I don't have Sky.
    The Jed is fine, hard to keep streching out the basic premise I guess. Presumably over time the majority of walkers rot away only leaving the recently jedded to worry about and the whole thing fizzles out...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    The blacklist started off interesting but has lost my interest a bit as the series has gone on - so far it's not living up to expectations.

The walking dead has definitely improved this series after dipping a bit last time - I'm not sure where it's going now though which is keeping me viewing.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2043
    edited November 2013
    I used to love TWD but I'm a bit bored now.

Mind you since I gorged on Breaking Bad over the last 2 months, everything else seems a bit dull.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pretty sure the "next time on AMC's The Walking Dead!" bit gave the game away ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • I lost interest in last seasons TWD but so far am keen on the current run.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I gave up on TWD a few episodes in to season 2.
    My V key is broken
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16999
     hard to keep streching out the basic premise I guess. Presumably over time the majority of walkers rot away only leaving the recently jedded to worry about and the whole thing fizzles out...

this series already has a lot more inactive zombies.  Its definitely something we will see more of  

There is a clear statement in the comics and the tv series from rick -  "We are the Walking Dead" - its a story about the survivers, not a story about the zombies.   That story could theoretically continue without walkers appearing in every episode

But the premise is changing, the reason walking dead works as a long running comic series is because the premise is allowed to develop. the zombie threat will always be there, but the long term story needs to be more than that.  How and why communities survive, develop, break down, reform etc.

At this point everybody who has survived the initial zombie apocalypse has found a way to deal with them that works most of the time.   The human threat is were most of the drama needs to come from now, although I am not sure the Tv version of the governer is working for me... but the comic one would not have translated well to screen either.  

the thing i liked about the comics was that you would always get to the point where things seemed like they were going well, then the writers would create an event that thows it all up in the air again.   Major characters would die quite often, occcasionally body parts may be lost.  new groups with different values and survival methods would be found (or find them).  somebody might get a tank to work and change everything.   The TV show tries to emulate this, and i am glad they have gone for different characters and altered story lines so I never feel like I know exactly what will happen,  but they seem a bit less willing to go as far as the comics do with the major characters.  Rick didn't go quite as mental and many characters survive longer than they should (whilst all incedental characters seem to die quickly in the Star trek fashion) 

I think this series is much better paced as they are trying to work some of these things out.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2955
    This series is proving to be a bit better than the pile of shit that was the last one.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    WezV said:
     The human threat is were most of the drama needs to come from now, although I am not sure the Tv version of the governer is working for me... but the comic one would not have translated well to screen either.  

When I first heard they were making a series I'd have put money on Danny Trujo being the Governor, he just looks so much like him and can clearly do the nice guy / unhinged mentalist thing well. Guess he was too tied up with SoA though, and I do like David Morrissey's take on the character.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16999
    I guess it was eitehr go for someone like Trujo and risk it being a bit too comical, or go in a completely different direction like Morrissey.   But i would be very surprised if Trujo was not mentioned in the casting meetings