Guitar ID Help - Yamaha SuperStrat but which Model?

What's Hot
xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
Hey guys

Need some help in ID'ing a yamaha SuperStrat (already goggled the players (Nelson Navarro) gear to see if i can ID it but no joy)

Im guessing its some thing from the mid-late 80's here a few pic's and the video there from (model on the headstock is always out of focus)

WARNING 80's style neoclassical/progressive/shred play thru starts at about 1:03

Any help in getting an ID on this model would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers
Gizmo
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10067
    edited November 2013
    Looks like a Yammy RGX of some sort - possibly an RGX312.

Hope that helps.

Edit - just found a pic (towards bottom of page) here...

You can read about it too if your Spanish is up to scratch!
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horsehorse Frets: 1644
    There was a lovely looking white RGZ612 ending on ebay today which is the model up - finished with no bids at £130 + £18 P&P. I was sorely tempted to buy it as a trem doner for my RGZ621 which is a bit more battered (same model just with HSH rather than HSS). No doubt will be listed again if you're interested - great guitar for the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74388
    Gizmo said:

One with the locking nut clamps fitted wrong...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    Hey guys

Thanks for the info :) + wisdom coming your way

HAL9000 the only thing that was throwing me off from thinking it was a RGX312 was the trem & the lack of the headstock cutin/fillet but i guess those things are pretty easy to mod/replace

horse Would you happen to have a link for that unsold RGZ612 handy? i did have a look at ebays completed listing but nothing popped up (not suprising as ive even seen top end PRS's listed on the ebay with just the word "guitar" in the list heading

ICBM lol i only just noticed the lock nuts are on side to side to top to bottom! then again i brought a maverick X-1 off of ebay the other month and when it arrived they were upside down with the flat facing up! ;)

Cheers
    Gizmo
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    Sweet thanks mate will message the seller to see if he's re-listing it :)

Cheers
    Gizmo