Electric Loog guitar :)

What's Hot
ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
edited November 2013 in Guitar

Comments

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited November 2013
    I want one! could make for a really cool travel guitar :) Love the slide playing too. 
    I assume it's tuned DAD? 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18300
    tFB Trader
    What's wrong with a Uke?
  • Hertz32 said:
    I want one! could make for a really cool travel guitar :) Love the slide playing too. 
    I assume it's tuned DAD? 

Or maybe DGB. 

I like the idea but there's also a part of me that sees is as a bit pointless and maybe counter-productive as a teaching tool as I consider full chords to be a fundament of early guitar teaching.  I feel it would tend to develop the guitar version of one finger melody playing keyboard kids.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13587
    3/4 of seasick steve
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74388
    I like it. As long as you don't think of it as a guitar, but as a different instrument that has some things in common with a guitar, I don't see it being a problem. I think you could do some quite creative stuff with it, particularly with slide.

Not keen on the headstock though - it's not just a bit ugly, it's poorly designed from a string path point of view… just look at the bottom string in the headstock close-up.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    yep looks cool anything that gets the next gen playing is cool with me & im sure tony levin will love this

he's last 3 string got burnt up a little lol ;)

• I like it, probably has quite a unique sound!

Not an ugly design, either. Very cool. If I had the money, I'd back it. It's a shame they only have one way of backing, but I suppose it's not a cheap thing...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    interesting!
  • I like it, but I think it's a little pricey compared to a half-decent ukulele...