Now here's something I bet you don't have

What's Hot
WolftoneWolftone Frets: 85
edited November 2013 in Guitar

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3042
    I got bought one as a gift. Never use it as it's generally easier to carry a few ultralight plastic picks around with you than a big ungainly lump of metal ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    It's a bit like a pasta machine really, once you realise that the store-bought stuff is just as good and only costs pennies you just end up throwing the machine to the back of the cupboard.
  • p90fool said:
    once you realise that the store-bought stuff is just as good 
    *better*
  • GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    Yup...got one as a gift, still have it somewhere. Hope you enjoy! 
  • vizviz Frets: 11023
    edited November 2013
    I would love one for all my cancelled credit cards so if anyone's got one to spare I'm interested. Can't believe it doesn't say plectra on the box.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I got one the other Xmas and trashed all the missus' credit cards, so it was worth it's weight.

The picks are pretty shit that come out mind

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74388
    JookyChap said:
    I got one the other Xmas and trashed all the missus' credit cards, so it was worth it's weight.

Does that matter, compared to the joy of being able to say "yes, here it is" and hand over four or five picks when she asks if you've seen her Marks & Sparks card? :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I see the best purpose for this gadget as the following -

One day you are at your work, fucking hating it and the your mobile goes.  You know you shouldn't answer it but you've just got this feeling.  You pick it up and it's the singer in your band to tell you the you have just been offered a gross amount money to record your debut album.  You put the phone down, grab a piece of paper and write "Thanks for having me.  Now, Fuck You.".  You then remove this gadget from your bag, stamp a single plectrum shaped hole out of the bottom corner and the leave the paper on your boss's desk. 

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Redundant. I don't use plecs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    ICBM said:
    JookyChap said:

Does that matter, compared to the joy of being able to say "yes, here it is" and hand over four or five picks when she asks if you've seen her Marks & Sparks card? :)
    Not in the least - though sleeping on the settee got a lot tired quite quickly :)