Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD - it's here!! - New Gibson Les Paul Junior 2015 - £419 !!!!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    Double cut special is the way forward then ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2439
    @Evildurka yes indeed, but they're 2 p90s, certainly not a deal breaker by any stretch but aesthetically a single neck p90 is sexier ;)
    Ahh sorry I didn't read what you had posted correctly my bad. Although a scratch plate could fix that issue for you. I am going to see how I get on with my double cut and might go for jnr too at these prices. Will finally be having a go on my new delivery today when I get home from work.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Evildurka;830444" said:
    Ahh sorry I didn't read what you had posted correctly my bad. Although a scratch plate could fix that issue for you. I am going to see how I get on with my double cut and might go for jnr too at these prices. Will finally be having a go on my new delivery today when I get home from work.
    Looking forward to the report this evening then ;)
  • TheDarkLordTheDarkLord Frets: 34
    edited October 2015
    Got to work and it's here!  Delivered yesterday - so I had a quick look.

Here are my first, first impressions:

1.  The neck is noticeably wider.  Just a little. Quite shallow in depth though.  I'm a bass player and a bit of a ham-fisted geetarist - so it's actually quite good.  Seems to be slightly more space between the strings. I like it.  If you can handle a 1999 USA Precision, this is easy.

2. Guitar looks (and smells) top notch.  Great finish.  No issues.  Stripped down cool look.  Makes me go all kinda Buzzcocks.  I'm very happy.

3.  The case is cool.  Very light, but rock hard ABS.  Will protect it nicely.  Interesting gold colour too.

4.  Case candy.  At this price, there is none.  No lead.  No plectrum.  No Gibson strap.  Just the charger for the tuner, some allen keys, the key to the case, some warranty cards and a manual.  But what do you expect?

5.  G-Force tuning.  Haha.  The trick bit.  The guitar came way out of tune.  Nowhere near tune in fact.  That's a bit unusual.  I had a quick look at a youtube video about how to use the G-Force auto tune thing - and it worked perfectly. Couldn't be simpler.

HOWEVER ....... Only for five of the strings.  The B string wouldn't go into tune.  In fact, it went floppier and floppier.  So, I took it off and put it back on again via the electronic method (hooray, no more winding strings on and off).  And then, all worked fine.

I had a fiddle with some of the alternate tunings and it was great.  Flipping between tunings is very quick - way quicker than you could do it yourself.  I like it.

So far so good.  For £419 !!!!!!!   It feels like I stole it.
    Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited October 2015
    Oh I'm so close to buying one of these, I don't need one, I have 2 Les Paul's, an SG, strat, explorer and duo sonic, I don't play in a band, and haven't plugged in an electric for over a month but I still really want one :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    Oh I'm so close to buying one of these, I don't need one, I have 2 Les Paul's, an SG, strat, explorer and duo sonic, I don't play in a band, and haven't plugged in an electric for over a month but I still really want one :D
    These guys do them at £419.  http://goo.gl/AFZ2y1

Everyone else is way higher.  They only have heritage cherry left though ..... and I suspect you'd have to be quick.
    Money, guitars, cars, football, beer and women - roughly in that order.  Also, black things are good.  All hail the Lords Black, Burnel, Cornwell and Greenfield - and Squire Warne.  Currently levelling buildings with a Precision bass for the unrivalled www.daphnedontfloat.com
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1092
    Good to hear mate, and congrats on your purchase. If buy one at that price but want a sunburst one!
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3847
    Glad to hear you are happy.

£419 for a new US made guitar with case is a steal IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Christ £405 on Amazon do I need a special and a junior????
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Also as an update not had chance to try my double cut out properly yet but the finish is excellent, tuners seem to work just fine and and it has face melting potential when used with my victory kraken. Only had a five minute blast on it last night but it was sounding epic. I am even reconsidering my plan of buying a set of Bareknuckle pig 90s to drop in it.
  • Got to work and it's here!  Delivered yesterday - so I had a quick look.

1.  The neck is noticeably wider.  Just a little. Quite shallow in depth though.  I'm a bass player and a bit of a ham-fisted geetarist - so it's actually quite good.  Seems to be slightly more space between the strings. I like it.  If you can handle a 1999 USA Precision, this is easy.

2. Guitar looks (and smells) top notch.  Great finish.  No issues.  Stripped down cool look.  Makes me go all kinda Buzzcocks.  I'm very happy.

3.  The case is cool.  Very light, but rock hard ABS.  Will protect it nicely.  Interesting gold colour too.

4.  Case candy.  At this price, there is none.  No lead.  No plectrum.  No Gibson strap.  Just the charger for the tuner, some allen keys, the key to the case, some warranty cards and a manual.  But what do you expect?

5.  G-Force tuning.  Haha.  The trick bit.  The guitar came way out of tune.  Nowhere near tune in fact.  That's a bit unusual.  I had a quick look at a youtube video about how to use the G-Force auto tune thing - and it worked perfectly. Couldn't be simpler.

HOWEVER ....... Only for five of the strings.  The B string wouldn't go into tune.  In fact, it went floppier and floppier.  So, I took it off and put it back on again via the electronic method (hooray, no more winding strings on and off).  And then, all worked fine.

I had a fiddle with some of the alternate tunings and it was great.  Flipping between tunings is very quick - way quicker than you could do it yourself.  I like it.

Happy NGD!

I echo all of your thoughts, they are great guitars. In terms of the G Force; I'm six months in with no issues whatsoever, it's a great system. The one wobble mine had was just after I bought it, when it was quite low on charge - may explain your issue!

• Kuroblack said:
    Got to work and it's here!  Delivered yesterday - so I had a quick look.

Happy NGD!

I echo all of your thoughts, they are great guitars. In terms of the G Force; I'm six months in with no issues whatsoever, it's a great system. The one wobble mine had was just after I bought it, when it was quite low on charge - may explain your issue!

The G-Force seems all fine now - and yeah, I haven't charged it since I got it out of the box.  I'll do that.  I've been playing away with the G-Force today.  It's cool and fun.  It's a lot quicker at tuning than you could do manually and it's a lot quicker to do an alternative tuning than you could do manually.  What's not to like about the G-Force?

I'll see if I can do a quick demo video of the guitar in a day or so.
  • Pics!?
  • Oh man I'm so tempted to get a Junior...
  • Pics!?

What the man said! We need pics!....

• yea - get some pics up!
    MatthewShreddery;833460" said:
    Oh man I'm so tempted to get a Junior...
    Please please please buy the junior on Amazon at £405 so that I fucking don't!!!!!
  • teradaterada Frets: 5125
    Evildurka said:
    MatthewShreddery;833460" said:
    Oh man I'm so tempted to get a Junior...
    Please please please buy the junior on Amazon at £405 so that I fucking don't!!!!!
    Tell me about it! But that neck
    :-S
    The neck is absolutely fine, takes about 5 minutes to get used to it and start shredding. The double cut I have is a sublime guitar and I cannot wait for Xmas when the wife will officially allow me to have it :D