Quote system borked?

Just tried to use the QUOTE thingy - didn't get any separation or the grey boxes.

Windows 7 64 bit with Chrome.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    It does it randomly for me too, always has for some reason.  With Chrome, on both Windows and Linux.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27657
    It's all part of the less-than-perfect text editor plug-in.  Less-than-perfect in many respects, but the best that we could find at the time.

The quote display problem is caused when there's formatting (bold, etc) applied to some part of the quoted text.  You can correct it by a simple edit to the html code - usually the first line of the code - but I do realise not everyone wants to play with html code just to get a post looking right.

The new editor may sort it - we don't know yet because we've not tested it - but then there's always the risk that a new plugin will break something else, which is why we've not released it yet.

We're restricted to the free plugins rather than the commercial stuff, and you tend to get what you pay for ...

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.