TOOL

What's Hot
DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
Never really understood why people in bands would talk about their fans in this way unless it's meant to be a joke. 

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/10/maynard-james-keenan-wants-nothing-to-do-with-tool-or-their-fans/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16044

T**L

:)

tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2950
    An odd man by all accounts.
  • Yes he is an odd type which is probably the reason for Undertow being one of the greatest albums of all time.
  • He really is a grade A prick sometimes...who just happens to be in the best band on the planet.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33898
    Some people are just peevish.
  • Used to love, love, love Tool. But i've lost touch recently, and i'm not sure how bothered ill be about their next one. Tastes change and all that.
    But every time this guy opens his mouth to speak in public i just cringe.
    He seems intent on boring every would-be interviewer with extensive remarks on his wine business and then gets huffy when people want to talk about Tool.
    Great that he's got other interests and everything, but he just has to deal with the fact that no one gives a fuck about his wine label.
    No-one gets the Tool humour? Has it crossed Maynard's mohawked little head that maybe he's not that funny? Probably not.
    I've heard interviews where he gives the interviewer such a hard time, apparantly because he doesn't feel they've done adequate research on his good self. The main give away being that the 'obnoxious' person asking the questions keeps asking him about that world famous rock band he fronts and doesn't seem to have foggiest about all the inroads he's made in to the wine business recently. How dare!
    Far too self-important and pretentious for me to stomach anymore.
    If going on the road with Tool is such a bore to him then don't bother. I'd pay just to watch Danny and Justin jam it out.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    He's a bit but he writes some great tunes.

Personally I'm not a fan of the idea that artists have to be 'approachable" or "relatable" some of the best artists are utter weirdos. Go too far down that road and the only acceptable performers are the milquetoast jeans wearing ed sheerans of the world.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 156
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, i'll take the wierdos, eccentrics and curmudgeons over blandness and banality any day.
    I think the OP gets under my skin more because i've followed Maynard's career for so long im just bored to death of his media rhetoric.
    I was in awe of the guy as a 16 year old and i thought all that 'fucking with the press' stuff was really cool, then. But it's not anymore, now i find his whole schtick of being 'the obtuse, difficult interview subject' just repetative and tired.
    It's alright being a difficult interview subject, but the flip side is you do have to attempt to hold attention/ maintain interest in some other way or eventually you just end up being a common garden variety nob with a mohawk that no one wants to talk to.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    You really don't like the mohawk ey? :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hehe, nah, i prefer to take my Tool full bald.
    You can't beat a shaven haven after all :P
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    HA HA HA!!!
  • Hold the fuck on... People on a forum appear to be criticizing or taking the piss out of an artist I like.  I'm off bastardildos.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Yes he is an odd type which is probably the reason for Undertow being one of the greatest albums of all time.
    Dead on the nail's head comment that is!  ^
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7826
    I love Tool, I love A perfect Circle, I don't like James.

But that's the point isn't it, people can do things you love, without you having to like them. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I am willing to bet that this is a joke or quote that has been taken way out of context.

At the same time...

Drew_fx said:
    I am willing to bet that this is a joke or quote that has been taken way out of context.

At the same time...

Still fucking love this song.

on that note: