DVD Player Region Hacks/Codes?

I was under the impression that my DVD player was Multi Region, I'm sure the Knob in the shop told me it was.

I've had it a year and I've only found the need to play Region2 or B discs on it up to now. But I have some Region 1's I want to play and want to buy a couple more films that are only available on Region 1.

The Player is a Panasonic DMP-BDT 220 and it says on the Booklet plays 2, ALL AND 2,3,5 for DVD-Video and B and A,B,C for Blu Ray.

I am a bit of a Luddite and thought it would be simply a case of typing in a few numbers on the remote control, but when I googled it, there was advice going on about FIRMWARE and something about a remote you can buy that will hack it.

It's a bit outside my comfort zone reading this stuff for a Luddite like me.

I used to have a crappy £30 jobby before that played feckin everything with no hassle before it went tits up.

Anyone have this Panasonic DVD Player? or anyone who can explain what I have to do in "Layman's Terms".

Thank you.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MaxiMaxi Frets: 13
    Hmm.
    It looks like panasonic may be getting wise to the old school hack procedure . Ive hacked a couple in the past but they were much much older and cheaper players nothing dependent on firmware revisions or updates . Most things are behaving more like micro processors these days so i'd say your better off buying a cheap older unit for the other regions .
    Flown the nest .
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I've only ever done it with Philips DVD players, that was pretty simple.
    My V key is broken